Senior Business Systems Analyst - HCS/Payroll ERP
Company: NV Energy
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Conducts analysis, prepares associated business requirement specifications, designs, plans, tests and implements modifications and enhancements to various business systems. Applies technical and business knowledge, skills, and judgment to problem solve system issues. Provides on-going user business system support. Operates with minimal supervision. May be required to work on special projects or to provide work direction and technical assistance to less experienced analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures the integrity of operations and maintenance of business systems as well as interfaces into other systems
* Conducts high-level needs analysis for complex system enhancements, prepares associated business requirements specifications, designs, plans, tests, and implements modifications and enhancements to systems
* Diagnoses and resolves system related problems and questions with respect to both maintenance and development activities. Interacts with Information Technology programmer analysts, database administrators and security analysts and clients in this effort
* Ensures that system controls are adequate for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
* Leads complex systems projects. Proposes project approach, major milestones and estimated level of effort. Identifies and manages project issues to resolution and escalates issues to management as required
* Maintains knowledge of current System technology and investigates current developments in Systems and assimilates functional experience with new software technologies to improve business processes
* Acts as business system advisor to the organization including functional users, occasional users and other work management teams
* Completes documentation in accordance with Change Management and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) policies and procedures
* Communicates with users to gather requirements, discuss system solutions, answer questions and describe system changes
* Interfaces with outsourcer for projects and production system issues
* Leads cross functional teams.
Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems or related field from an accredited school and 6+ years of related experience. Candidates that do not possess a bachelor's degree must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated knowledge of the related business systems and processes. Demonstrated understanding of business system enhancement and modification principles. Demonstrated skills in planning and coordinating projects; and developing functional specifications, business cases as well as developing and executing test plans. Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
Preferred Specialized Knowledge and Skills
* Business knowledge of Payroll and Time and Labor
* Functional knowledge of Core HR, Recruiting, and Benefits
* Understanding of database structures and SQL
Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, Excel, project, presentation, spreadsheet and database software. Experience with ERP Human Capital Management systems is required.
Preferred Equipment and Applications: PeopleSoft
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment. No special physical demands required.
Annual Salary: $95,800.00 (Min) to $112,700.00 (Mid); Up to 15% Short Term Incentive Plan target opportunity at the discretion of the company. This is a non-represented position.
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) with a Company match provision
and more, visit our Corporate website for detailed information
At NV Energy, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. NV Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources via email at HumanResources@nvenergy.com or call our HR Help Desk at (702) 402-5500 and select '0' or Fax your request at (702) 402-0031. TTY Sensory Impaired - 711
Depending on qualifications of applicants, this position may be filled at a lower level than that which is posted such as Business Systems Analyst 3, Business Systems Analyst 2 or Business Systems Analyst 1.
Privacy and Legal
Please clear browser cache before applying for a job.
Keywords: NV Energy, Reno , Senior Business Systems Analyst - HCS/Payroll ERP, Professions , Reno, Nevada
here to apply!