System Administrator / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Company: Vitalwerks Internet Solutions, LLC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
System Administrator / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)We are
looking for an experienced system engineer to develop, enhance and
maintain No-IP's core infrastructure. This role has both system
administration and development aspects. We are a network service
provider focused on dynamic DNS, and are extending into other
- Develop a solid understanding of No-IP products,
infrastructure, architecture, and business model.
- Maintain compute infrastructure, which includes virtualization
systems, network gear, a hierarchy of DNS servers, web servers and
ancillary systems, such as databases, mail servers, logging and
analytics systems, caches and other components of a distributed
- Write and maintain core parts of our infrastructure. Many of
the network services we provide were written in-house.
- Utilize existing and create new automation. We use a variety of
tools to ease the administration of our systems.
- Assist with moving legacy systems to modern infrastructure.Must
- Linux system administration: We are primarily an Ubuntu-based
shop, although we are always open to exploring other systems. The
specific skills are: experience with the command line, shell
scripting, Git and SSH.
- Configuration management: In addition to "hand administration",
we need experience with configuration management tools. Currently
we have a mix of Salt, Terraform, Kubernetes, and home-grown
- Hybrid-cloud infrastructure: we use AWS as well as bare-metal
with Linux virtualization. Experience with virtualized compute,
storage, and networking is ideal. We have other VM providers for
applications that are less centralized, so flexibility in learning
different vendors' systems is essential.
- Virtualization tools: Or primary virtualization technology is
Proxmox, and we use Docker and Docker Compose extensively.
Kubernetes will be a major part of future efforts. Experience with
a few of these (or willingness to dig in and learn them) is
- Software development: The infrastructure software we've written
is in Rust, Go, PHP, Python, Perl, UNIX shell and C, so a
background in system-oriented languages is important.
- Communication: Must be able and inclined to share ideas, bring
up problems, discuss solutions and technological directions. No-IP
has a fairly large and diverse infrastructure, so knowledge sharing
is a critical part of what we do.Join the No-IP TeamWe are looking
for bright, passionate and dedicated people with clearly
demonstrated initiative and a history of success in their past
positions to join our growing team.Who is No-IP?We are a small
company with a bold vision of unlocking the potential of the
internet. We work hard as a team to deliver solutions built on DNS
that help the world connect, name, and share things online. Our
mindset and passion has helped No-IP grow and thrive. Over the past
20 years, we have matured into a stable company that maintains the
best parts of a start-up culture.Culture at No-IPOur team is a fast
paced and innovative group that is results driven. Everyone on the
team is responsible for multiple job functions within the company.
We are looking for people who are self-starters, enjoy managing
their own projects and workloads, while also working creatively
with a team of people for the success of the company. We owe this
success to our 5 Core Values, that act as guiding principles in
everything we do:
- Get S* Done
- Bring Up Others
- Do Great Things
- Have FunIf these core values resonate with you, we would love
for you to join our team! Located in Reno, Nevada just minutes from
the outdoor mecca of Lake Tahoe and a few hours from San Francisco,
No-IP offers amazing opportunities. Here are a few highlights:
- 401k including company matching
- 20 days of PTO Generous insurance package that includes Health,
Dental, and Vision coverage
- 9 paid Holidays plus a week long office closure at the holidays
to reset and enjoy time with loved ones
- Profit Sharing Participation: bonuses based on company
- Capital Proceed Participation: share in the proceeds with
employee in the event of a sale or merger
- The ability to build products for customers in over 180
countries across the world
- Join a team that is truly passionate about the company and our
missionPlease send your cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Keywords: Vitalwerks Internet Solutions, LLC, Reno , System Administrator / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Professions , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!