Supervisor Operations- Construction
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Overview We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes
Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4
advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our
customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that
resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that
thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope
connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Responsibilities The Supervisor of Operations will coordinate the
development, implementation, construction and documentation of new
construction projects. Oversees activities such as pre-fielding,
planning and scheduling. Directs the construction related
activities of subcontractor and/or in-house personnel and ensures
that all safety and quality standards are met.Responsibilities
- Provides for the timely construction of new cable related
facilities by effectively coordinating and/or planning with other
departments, utility companies, builders/developers and local
- Schedules and directs the construction activities of
subcontractor and in-house construction crews to include overseeing
MDU and plant projects.
- Administers job site quality inspections, ensuring compliance
with applicable engineering standards, City and State Codes, and
- Supervises first-line employees, estimates workloads and
assigns priorities to ensure maximum productivity and that
deadlines are met.
- Responsible for measuring performance, providing feedback,
mentoring direct reports including Performance Management.
- Issues projects to subcontractors after assessing their work
schedule, availability and area of expertise.
- Modifies system design and construction plans when problems
occur by using discretionary authority and knowledge of theory and
- Monitors progress, material expenditures, overtime labor
expenses, tool/equipment inventory.
- Compiles progress reports, maintains inventory and material
requisition files, and tracks vendor deliveries.
- Provides for a safe work environment by training workers,
investigating accidents and enforcing all company and regulatory
authority safety rules and regulations.
- Represents the company with property owners, management
companies and municipalities in resolution of differences arising
from contract activities.
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone.
- May obtain construction permits and utility permits, including
make-ready, right-of-way, railroad, road bore and crossing
- Improves work efficiency by recommending method improvements,
budget expenditures, equipment uses and modified construction
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of all phases of cable system construction
- Knowledge of CATV Plant Design
- Minimum of five years construction experience
- Minimum of two years' experience with MDU design and
- Minimum of three years' manager / supervisor experience
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
- Effective communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read construction plans, analyze data and prepare
paperwork and documents
- Ability to explain and comprehend detailed information and
- Good data entry and math skills
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to
adjust focus; Ability to differentiate between different sizes and
colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity
- Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and
attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 feet high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50 pound maximum
lifting is available.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Accommodation with 50 pound
maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible
- Knowledge of Cable Television products and services
preferredAltice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all
backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or
local law. Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its
applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers,
professional or employment related information, photos, education
information and/or protected classifications under federal and
state law. This information is collected for employment purposes,
including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant
background screening, human resource administration and compliance
with federal, state and local law. Applicants for employment with
Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable)
as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our
Fraud FAQ for further details.
Keywords: Altice USA, Reno , Supervisor Operations- Construction, Professions , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!