Intermediate Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Vail Mountain
Location: Kings Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain
park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for
families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra
Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a
few hours from Napa and San Francisco, its easy to explore
everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar
team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the Top 25 Ski
Towns in the World.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees
across North America to be vaccinated for
COVID-19.Responsibilities: As a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic you will
perform vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned on a fleet of
150 pieces of equipment including but not limited to; light and
heavy duty trucks, heavy/medium duty buses, UTV's, loaders, and
snow removal equipment.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle systems including but not limited
to: electrical, engine, steering, suspension, brakes (hydraulic and
air) and air conditioning to required specifications.
- Perform vehicle 45 day and annual inspections to regulatory
- Document all work completed in Fleet Manager program.
- Inspect and test vehicles to determine necessary and applicable
- Complete necessary paperwork and archiving to regulatory
- Participate in on-going company and industry training and
education programs, to maintain expert in the field status.
- Provide and maintain a basic inventory of required hand tools
necessary to complete workload as described.'
- Keep shop work area clean, well organized, and free of spills
or other hazardous situations that could cause injury.
- Heavy equipment or transit bus related repair experience
- Welding experience preferred
- Electrical / electronic troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics and hydrostatic drives
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (often works
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Must possess high standard of reliability and conduct
- Work well with others
- Team player
- Have own hand tools
- Must be able to obtain California Bureau of Automotive Repair
Brake and Lamp Certifications
- Must have reliable transportationQualifications:
- Three years prior automotive and/or heavy duty equipment repair
- ASE certification desired
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's licenseJob Type: Full-timeReach Your
Peak at Vail Resorts.As a community of adventurers and discoverers,
Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and
our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate
individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the
status quo. Whether youre looking for seasonal work or the career
of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 417427Required
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Reno , Intermediate Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Kings Beach, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!