Transportation Coordinator Inbound
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Our Opportunity: Chewy is hiring for a Transportation
Coordinator at our Reno, NV location. This position is critical in
ensuring that customer orders ship in a timely manner and damaged
free. This position is responsible for understanding the freight
process and equipment necessary for successful shipments. What
- Ensures that freight is loaded properly in trailers for
shipment to customers.
- Work with Operations and local delivery vendors to ensure we
are making adjustments to the process to ensure the 100% delivery
success. (ie more sweeps)
- Familiar with the sorter process and audits packages to ensure
that it is working correctly.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure timely delivery. Ensure that
trailers in the yard are being prioritized correctly and that
nothing is left behind or taken to the wrong facility.
- Act as a SME on the shipment process and partner with
Operations on ensuring its success.
- Audit the process and document any delivery issues. Work with
Operations and transportation to ensure solutions are defined and
- Perform other duties as assigned. What You'll Need:
- 1 to 3 years warehouse / distribution experience; specifically
related to outbound shipment experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem solving
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part
of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience required.
- eCommerce background is a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 65
lbs. and bend, lift safely and repetitively
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions
from oral instructions or written correspondence
- Good communicator and active listener
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety
- High level of professionalism and strong work ethic
- The ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and handle multiple tasks at
- Adhere to quality and performance standards
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented
environment with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight
deadlines Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and
embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a
disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar
law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to
discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment
at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com. To access Chewy's Privacy
Policy, which contains information regarding information collected
from job applicants and how we use it, please click here:
Keywords: Chewy, Reno , Transportation Coordinator Inbound, Professions , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!