Building Maintenance Tech- Year Round
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: November 19, 2021
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region,
boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than
70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the
1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain
to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow
sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades
Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in
Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers
year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques,
many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on
the Ikon Pass , which offers access to 47 international ski
destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a
harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy.
Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1. to learn more. You can
also visit us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Olympic Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat,
Solitude and more!
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
Alpine To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following;
other duties may be assigned:
- Maintains buildings by performing carpentry, painting,
plumbing, electrical wiring and other related maintenance
activities. Makes repairs and adjustments as necessary.
- Checks pumps, compressors, fans, heating, and exhaust
- Heavy labor, snow removal, hauling trash, and furniture
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums floors.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, including toilets and
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Stocking paper goods.
- Performs snow removal using snowblower, shovels, and
- Clean mirrors, windows, fixtures and breezeway as needed.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Changes lights, assists with large boxes, assists other
departments. Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team. Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be capable of
walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling
up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions
and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is
usually moderate. This employee will frequently be exposed to
fumes, odors, dusts, ventilation
Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning agents, household cleaning
products and equipment. Construction tools- hammers, saws, hand
Chart: Physical Requirements
Maximum Weight Lifted
More than 2/3
Lifting, Carrying, Pulling, Pushing Frequency
Using Hands to Feel
Reaching w/ Hands/Arms
Climb or Balance
Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Ability to Adjust Focus
- Electrical and/or plumbing skills
- Previous housekeeping/maintenance experience Education
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Building Maintenance Tech- Year Round, Professions , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!