Inventory Support Clerk 6AM-2:30PM M-F
Company: MSC Industrial Supply Co.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Build a better career with MSC. Serving customer and community
starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That
is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading
North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair,
and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out
why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a
diverse and inclusive workplace. Requisition ID : 4556 Employment
Type : Full Time Job Category : Inventory Management Work Location
: Reno, NV (Whse) State or Province : Nevada (US-NV) Potential Work
Location : United States : Nevada : Reno INVENTORY SUPPORT
CLERKFERNLEY, NVBRIEF POSITION SUMMARY: An inventory Support Clerk
compiles, verifies and maintains records of quantity and type of
merchandise stocked in warehouse. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates basic warehouse vehicles (i.e., electric pallet jack
- Operates advanced warehouse vehicles (i.e., turret truck and/or
- Verifies products using item numbers, descriptions, and
- Sorts and matches departmental reports.
- Counts items.
- Performs all duties within safety guidelines.
- Participates in the work clean program.
- Supports the Safety Culture by following established SOPs.
- Engages in the local Safety Culture through safety team support
and offering safety suggestions.
- Assists department supervisors in identifying risk to
associates or the business and mitigate those risks.
- Performs to specified productivity and quality
- Instructs induction associates to mod a packing slip (modify
the packing slip to reflect action taken on item(s) ordered) or
mod-zero an item (update the system to reflect a zero inventory
count for the item(s)).
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the
company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSCs
- Creates/updates reports via data entry for departmental
- Inspects products for damage.
- Identifies items using visual inspections, reference manuals or
- Cycle counts bins as required.
- In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can
be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties
as required.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or the equivalent is required.SKILLS:
- Basic computer skills required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 75
pounds individual or team lift), carrying, pushing, pulling,
climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, and repetitive
twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing
(including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of
mental coordination. Must be able to wear personal protective
equipment as required for position. Must be able to operate at
heights up to 50 feet. Mentally alert for entire shift.OTHER
- May be required to work overtime to meet customers needs.
- Must obtain internal certification to drive warehouse vehicles
within specified time requirements.Why MSC People. Collaboration.
Insight. Thats how you build something that works.Built on a
foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to
help them drive business results. With more than one million
product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries,
MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity,
profitability, and growth through inventory management and other
innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and
have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve
their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards
and recognition for your contributions, training and professional
development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to
support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial
future.If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a
team, you can build a better career at MSC.Equal Opportunity
Statement All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or
Keywords: MSC Industrial Supply Co., Reno , Inventory Support Clerk 6AM-2:30PM M-F, Professions , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!