Senior Plumbing Design Engineer
Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Senior Plumbing Design Engineer - Reno, NV
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 300,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant. ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs.
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: Levi s Stadium, California Berkeley Memorial Stadium,
The California Academy of Sciences, and Sacramento International
Airport. While we have been around for 85+ years, we continue to
grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals
to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US
section with current news and events.
A Design Engineer at ACCO is part of the largest design build
engineering department in the country. As a member of the ACCO
Engineering Department, a design engineer is responsible for every
aspect of a project s mechanical design. Working as part of a team,
the engineer is expected to critically think through all aspects of
a design resulting in a complete, clear, concise set of design
drawings that is concurrently constructible, maintainable,
efficient, and cost effective. The design engineer is the leader of
the design effort with responsibility for communicating effectively
to the project managers, trade partners, construction team, and
customers. The skills obtained as a design engineer serve as the
foundation for a variety of career opportunities within ACCO.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Complete project planning.
* Ability to independently complete conceptual design through
construction drawing development for large complex project or
multiple projects simultaneously.
* Create conceptual designs certified to Building Codes, Energy
Codes, and LEED standards.
* Responsible for calculations, design and layout of equipment and
piping systems on assigned projects.
* Appropriate engagement of engineering applications and/or
managers in project decisions.
* Extensive experience in various plumbing and process piping
systems including greywater systems, rainwater recovery, medical
gases, laboratory gases, and process piping systems.
* Proactively communicate and coordinate project designs with
Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls,
and other trade partners.
* Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade
coordination, scheduling, document management and problem
solving/troubleshooting, as required.
* Responsible for the quality of plumbing and process piping design
drawings and models.
* Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and
project team members.
* Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines.
* Oversee other design team members to complete project assignments
when requested by Manager.
* Reports directly to Engineering Manager or Supervisor as opposed
to an intermediate Team Lead.
* Strong understanding of ACCO engineering standards and project
* Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* BS in Engineering or Construction Management.
* Professional Engineer license highly desirable, but not
* Minimum 8 years experience with a Design/Build Mechanical
* 3 years of experience in HVAC or Plumbing industry*
* Excellent understanding of engineering and plumbing design
* Thorough understanding of plumbing and/or process piping systems
* Excellent familiarity with Building Codes and industry
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
especially when conducting job site walks.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything
* Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and
accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one s level / position
and with minimal supervision.
* Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult goals
despite challenges and to bounce back from adversity.
* Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information that
suggests new possibilities.
* Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to
communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
* Likeability: The ability to effectively work toward common goals
with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in
an authentic and approachable manner.
* Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations short-
and long-term business strategy. On a personal level has
independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career
* Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing
unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals, takes
responsibility, and shows personal humility.
* Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking
out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feedback; demonstrating
an openness to learning and change.
* Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a problem
in support of personal, group, department, or organizational
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled. professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging
place to work.
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, Reno , Senior Plumbing Design Engineer, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!