Company: BADGER DAYLIGHTING
Posted on: June 13, 2019
The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of
excavating as an alternative to mechanical equipment or
hand-digging. The Badger Hydrovac uses pressurized water and a
vacuum system to quickly, safely, precisely and cleanly excavate
around utilities and pipelines. Seventy percent or more of the
job's work time is spent operating the on-board hydro-vacuum system
outside the truck performing non-destructive excavation around
sensitive underground piping and cables. Other hydrovac work
consists of tank entry, cleaning and vacuuming, mobilization of
equipment, truck maintenance, safety meetings, etc.
The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks
being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50
plus hours. Badger is a 24/7 operation.
Travel for short term out of town work assignments and/or training
is to be expected. Training will be provided for people with a
desire to succeed.
- Operate Badger Daylighting Corp equipment in a safe and
- Properly document all Company, Federal, State, and Customer
documentation/paperwork as required by law and or established
policy in a clear and legible manner.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with
on-sight customer representative to locate least intrusive and
safest place to park company equipment while on job sight.
- Able to lead and direct subordinate personnel to perform
duties/tasks in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
- Able to troubleshoot and as the need arises perform minor
repairs to equipment.
- Must possess and exhibit a strong safety acumen. Safety tickets
are an asset.
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related
industrial experience preferred.
- CDL A or B license is required.
- 12 months Heavy Equipment Operation experience
- OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant
does not hold an OSHA10 certification, Badger will pay for computer
based training with applicant completing on-line course within 5
days of hiring on their own. Certification is the property of the
- Must be willing to work flexible hours. (Due to client
schedule, our operators may not work every day but must be flexible
for irregular hours).
- Underground utility or constructions experience a
- Mechanical inclination an asset.
- Must be able to follow direction, work independently and
demonstrate a strong customer service focus.
Essential Physical Functions/Requirements of the Job:
- Hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended
periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for
some clients when applicable.
- Be able to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary
platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
To become familiar with the Hydro-Vacuum Truck Operator position
and the company go to www.badgerinc.com.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work
environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We
offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health,
Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings
Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: BADGER DAYLIGHTING, Reno , Operator, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!