Senior, Security Officer
Company: Management & Training Corporation
Location: Carson City
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Description POSITION SUMMARY: Reports to the Community Life
Officer Coordinator. Directly supervises Community Life Officer on
their assigned shift. Responsible for providing security coverage
at campus access gate, performing patrol duties in assigned areas
to ensure positive group relations and activities, and to protect
life and property, in compliance with government and management
directives. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform administrative and security activities of the
department, serve as liaison between center and immediate community
in security, law enforcement and fire agency matters.
- Interview, hire, train, discipline and terminate security staff
subject to required approval.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and
recommend personnel changes.
- Review incident reports for completeness, conciseness, proper
spelling, and grammar, prior to distribution.
- Assist with developing new and revised policies and procedures
- Supervise the investigation of student and staff accidents;
ensure all paperwork is completed.
- Provide fire protection, conduct frequent fire drills and
inspection of the facility.
- Conduct orientation and in service training programs for staff
and students to ensure that security policies are followed; assist
manager, safety & security with safety training and programs.
- Conduct periodic security audits to identify deficiencies and
- Provide records and reports of departmental activities upon
request by management, insurance underwriters, DOL and other
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety and
security matters and conduct security related investigations.
- Coordinate searches of students' rooms and belonging to ensure
center health and safety.
- Provide for the safety and security of students on center
grounds the direction and monitoring of the mobile adviser
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff
and other center customers.
- Participate in student employ ability programs and
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling
appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and
monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere
to safety practices. It is expected that the incumbent shall
perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent and one year experience in a
supervisory capacity. Directly related youth program experience may
be considered in lieu of formal education requirements on a year by
year basis. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and
computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an
acceptable driving record. Management & Training Corporation is an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Reno , Senior, Security Officer, Other , Carson City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...