Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Summary: A qualified healthcare professional position performs
medical record abstraction in support of the annual Healthcare
Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) data collection.
Responsible for interacting with provider offices, either onsite or
telephonically to access medical records. The HEDIS Chart
Abstractor will possess basic clinical and healthcare knowledge,
basic knowledge of NCQA HEDIS abstracting guidelines, with the
ability to access medical records (electronic and paper). The
Abstractor will be able to accurately identify required data and
information, extract and organize this data and enter into a HEDIS
- Performs medical record abstraction in support of the annual
Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) data
- Possesses basic clinical and healthcare knowledge; demonstrates
the ability to read and interpret medical records; identifies
required data within the medical records.
- Closely follows instruction from leadership in the HEDIS data
collection workflows and processes; the scheduling of office site
visits; all training regimens; criteria of data collection; and
instructions regarding the accurate collection of the data.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently collect data from medical
records (electronic and paper) with highest degree of integrity, as
evidenced through audits and interrater reliability testing.
- Accurately enters the results of chart abstractions into a
- Maintains less than 2% error rate in record abstraction and
- Proficient in various software applications (e.g., electronic
medical records, HEDIS data collection software, Microsoft Office
software), in support of HEDIS operations.
- Maintains productivity level as determined by the HEDIS
- As required, assists with the accurate documentation, entry,
and organization of the abstracted data into HEDIS databases and
- 2+ years of experience performing HEDIS medical record
abstraction in commercial, Medicare or Medicaid programs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Thorough understand of Medicare HEDIS measurements
- Experienced in training/educating provider community on proper
- Experience working with multiple Electronic Medical Records
(EMR's) and consulting medical groups on best practices for HEDIS
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of NCQA and HEDIS data collection
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Ability to follow instructions precisely
- Familiarity with electronic and paper medical record
- Ability to identify specific data within the medical
- Familiarity and capacity to learn various data entry systems
EEO StatementAll UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are
equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully
commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and
compensation of individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We
believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success. NoticeAt UHS and all our subsidiaries, our
Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help
prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the
best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take
pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate
experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or
employee will request financial or personal information (Social
Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you
via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail
client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious
of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its
subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at:
https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Reno , HEDIS ABSTRACTOR, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...