Heavy Duty Porter- Silver Legacy- Full Time- Variable Shift (Reno)
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Starting Pay: $16.50
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Maintain the highest degree of cleanliness of all carpets, hard floors, glass, mirrors, and high areas in all areas in which the Public Area Department is responsible, ensure all light fixtures are fully lamped, and move office furniture as needed.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Includes, but is not limited to the following)
1. Regular consistent attendance required according to policy and procedure guidelines.
2. Perform cleaning duties in all public areas and back of the house areas which include shampooing carpets, stripping and waxing floors, polishing marble, cleaning chandeliers, ceiling, vents, glass, mirrors, etc.
3. Adheres to all appropriate safety precautions' including proper use of equipment and protective attire. Reports accidents and/or safety problems to supervisor immediately. Notifies guests and employees of safety hazards by placing proper signage in the appropriate areas. Ensures chemicals are properly dispensed and properly labeled and are transported safely ensuring employees' safety.
4. Ensures all equipment being used is functioning properly and kept clean.
5. Reports promptly any needed repairs including equipment, carpet, tile, wallpaper, wood columns, chandeliers, glass, mirrors, etc.
6. Maintain a high standard of customer service. Assist guests with directions and services available within the hotel.
7. Available to work additional hours on short notice as requested by supervisor in order to accommodate for any of the following reasons: a) staffing emergency; b) employee absence; c) fluctuation in business levels; d) special projects; c) etc.
8. Remove trash from trash receptacles.
9. Maintain regular, predictable attendance in accordance with departmental policies.
10. Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Ability to understand written English to read caution signs, safety notices, chemicals and Supervisor's instructions. Must be able to understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests. Must maintain a high level of sanitation and safety. Must possess knowledge of use, cleaning and breakdown of equipment. Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High school education or equivalent preferred.
Experience: One-year experience in heavy duty and window cleaning preferred. Working knowledge of all cleaning equipment and chemicals preferred. Ability to work different shifts and starting times.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work may be performed in small areas having a 2-ft. access. Work entails various conditions of noise levels, vibration, temperature, illumination, air quality, crowding, works around moving objects, in high places and on slippery surfaces. Long hours with over time sometimes required. Work requires knowledge and use of chemicals and electrical equipment. Contact with solvents/oils, fumes/odors and dirt/dust. Must maintain proper sanitation environment. Work in public areas with high-level noises, smoking, restrooms, and back of house areas that include offices. May work in outside areas with changing weather conditions. Works alone, with others, around others, verbal contact, and face-to-face contact.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: (May be required in order to perform the essential functions of the position). Requires seldom crawling, lifting/carrying from 25 to 100 lbs., occasional crouching, kneeling, climbing and balancing on stairs or ladders, pushing/pulling and lifting/carrying from 11 to 25 lbs., frequent standing, walking, reaching overhead and bending over from floor level to 6ft., lifting/carrying 10lbs. or less, repetitive use of both hands to include light and firm/strong grasping and finger dexterity. Requires normal correctable vision range. Requires the ability to perform simple tasks, follow instructions, meet time requirements and memorization skills. Requires the ability to drive and operate cleaning machinery.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Employee occupying this position. This position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Director.
At Caesars Entertainment, Inc., our Team Members create the extraordinary. We are the largest casino-entertainment company in the U.S. and one of the world's most diversified casino-entertainment providers. Since beginning in Reno, Nevada, in 1937, Caesars Entertainment has grown through the development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions. Our resorts operate primarily under the Caesars -, Harrah's -, Horseshoe - and Eldorado - brand names. We focus on building loyalty and value with our guests through a combination of impeccable service, operational excellence and technological leadership. The company is committed to its Team Members, suppliers, communities and the environment through its PEOPLE PLANET PLAY framework.
Our Caesars family is driven by our Mission, Vision and Values. We take great pride in living these values - Together We Win, All In On Service and Blaze the Trail - every day. Our mission, "Create the Extraordinary". Our vision, "Create spectacular worlds. That immerse, inspire and connect you. We don't perform magic; we create it with excellence. #WeAreCaesars". If you are ready to create some magic, we invite you to explore our dynamic, yet unique, career opportunities.
Maintain the highest degree of cleanliness of all carpets, hard floors, glass, mirrors, and high areas in all areas in which the Public Area Department is responsible, ensure all light fixtures are fully lamped, and move office furniture as needed.
Starting Pay: $16.50
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Reno , Heavy Duty Porter- Silver Legacy- Full Time- Variable Shift (Reno), Other , Reno, Nevada
here to apply!