Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CA Year Round About Palisades Tahoe Palisades
Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting
6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old
resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter
Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of
Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an
average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently
operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The
European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round
events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which
are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass
, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021
the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name
that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades
Tahoe website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on
Instagram , Twitter , Facebook, and Vimeo . A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties. Applicants must be 21 years of age. Job Summary: Oversight
of Security operations and assist Security Manager as needed. Serve
and protect the guests, staff and physical assets of Palisades
Tahoe while maintaining the Company service standards, safety
policies and procedures.Job Details:
- Seasonal, full-time positions available supporting the Security
team at Palisades Tahoe.Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assist manager in supervising a team of 2-15 employees. Assist
in supervisory responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Comply with Federal and California Labor law in all phases of
the payroll and employment process; from hiring through
termination, as well as all Company policies & procedures.
- Enforce safety standards in accordance with company policies
- Provide a safe environment for staff and guests 24 hours a day.
Manages Security Department in absence of Manager
- Assigns duties and examines work for safety, exactness, and
conformance to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for department safety. Conducts regular safety
meetings and inspections.
- Investigates Work Comp injuries and fills out paperwork.
- Checks timecards for accuracy, checks payroll for overtime,
compliance with labor model.
- Responsible for accuracy and maintains Security Log.
- Responsible for the efficient use of time among the crew.
- Maintains a high level of integrity, cooperation, and
communication among the crew and between other departments.
- Responds to customer and management complaints.
- Performs or assists subordinates in performing
duties.Competencies and Job RequirementsRequired:
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across
all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the
ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
and interact with others
- Working knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, Access) Knowledge of basic security and fire
- Able to follow all policies and procedures contained in
Security ManualEducation and Experience:Required:
- High School Diploma or GED Minimum three years security
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Three years supervisory experience A valid California Guard
Card is required A valid Driver's License and clean driving
- Experience in law enforcement Basic CPR/AED and first aid
training Search & Rescue training
- Bachelor's degreePhysical Requirements: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be capable of
walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
Required to walk over uneven terrain such as hiking trails or snow.
Must be capable of frequently pushing or pulling up to 50lbs,
occasionally lifting or carrying up to 50lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to
adjust focus.The base hourly pay range below represents the low and
high end of the Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's hourly pay range for
this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the
range based on various factors including but not limited to
experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity
or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or
necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of
Palisades Tahoe Resort, LLC's total compensation package for
employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term
incentives and many region-specific benefits. Base hourly pay
range: $22.60 - $29.38 per hourWorking Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
exposed to outside weather conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise:
The noise level in the work place is usually moderate. Equipment
Used in Job: Radios, security vehicles.
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Security Supervisor, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!