Company: Hamilton Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Hamilton Company is a worldwide leader in the design and
manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for
precision fluid measuring. We specialize in the development,
manufacturing and customization of precision measurement devices,
automated liquid handling stations, and sample management systems.
For more than 60 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs
by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring
the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring
device we manufacture.
The Buyer is responsible for selecting and negotiating with
approved vendors and placing purchase orders in response to
material requirements typically established by the inventory
planning function. Determine quantity and order date for materials
needed to meet master production schedule. Follows up with vendors
regarding order status and vendor performance. Conduct benchmarking
for price, quality, response time, and delivery reliability.
* Review order action report and place purchase orders to meet
* Review minimum order quantity and part lead times and adjust as
* Measure and evaluate vendor performance.
* Make recommendations to management regarding vendor
* Coordinate with accounts payable and shipping/receiving regarding
billing or returns to ensure records accuracy.
* Interface with sales/marketing as required to coordinate required
changes to delivery status of committed product.
* Review open order report daily to ensure vendors meet committed
* Provide input and participate in review of vendor
* Understand market conditions associated to commodities being
* Analyze and report on market trends to management.
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills; must be
able to read, comprehend written correspondence and reports; must
be able to communicate with multiple levels of staff throughout the
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Strong ability
to pay attention to details. Ability to work without much
* Must have effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited
to Word, Excel, and outlook.
* Position requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
* BS degree in Business, Supply chain or related field from a
regionally accredited University.
* 2-5 years of purchasing experience.
* At least 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects.
* Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and
* Commitment to sustainable design.
* Competitive Compensation.
* Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance,
paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k,
tuition reimbursement and much more).
* Solid Stable Company.
* Drug free workplace.
Keywords: Hamilton Company, Reno , Buyer, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!