Team Lead Lift Operations - $19 per hour - Summer
Company: Heavenly Mountain Resort
Location: South Lake Tahoe
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you want to work for a different kind of ski
resort, you've found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive
mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake
Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own
path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties
and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first
chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to
delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience.
www.vailresortscareers.com As of Nov.15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be
requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for
COVID-19. Job Specifications:
- Starting Wage: $19 per hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time, Summer Seasonal Job
Summary:Is responsible for daily supervision, as well as scheduling
and Time & Labor compliance of lift crew in their assigned area.
The Team Lead is responsible for a zone of several lifts and all
associated leadership and front-line staff. This person is
responsible for insuring ANSI, OSHA, and Heavenly safety
regulations are met; maintain and promote high level of service and
act as a positive advocate for our safety culture.
- Implement, maintain, and coach safety in the work place.
- Promote guest service standards compliance and operational
efficiency as well as model positive guest service at all
- Oversight of all Time & Labor for employees within assigned
zone of lifts. This includes ensuring proper clocking &
signing-in/out procedures are being met. Also utilizing the
Peoplesoft system to input ride breaks / lunches and fixing
exceptions per VR policies and procedures.
- Complete all scheduling and distribution of schedule for
assigned zone of lifts. This includes reviewing time-off requests
and ensuring proper staffing levels are being met to ensure guest
safety and service.
- Conduct disciplinary actions as needed with the guidance of
Department Senior Leadership and Human Resources.
- Track and record Department KPI's.
- Oversight, collection, and auditing of lift logs to ensure
- Supervise technical training for staff in assigned zone, as
well as assist in facilitation of department training sessions as
- Be responsible for timely completion of training and
development documentation for their teams, attend required
management skills classes and be contributing and accountable
members of our management team.
- Provide leadership development education for Leads, as well as
developing Operators interested in becoming leads.
- Provide performance feedback to supervised team, as well as
building and deliver written performance reviews for your section
of lifts. This includes employee goal setting and recognition of
- Responsible for coordinating opening and closing procedures,
and all daily operating tasks of the crew.
- Promote neat, clean and organized work stations.
- Assist with the development of department strategic plans.
- Demonstrate exemplary attendance, punctuality, behavior and
- Assist with conducting interviews for Operators and Leads as
- Other duties as assigned by Manager. Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Operate some equipment including an all terrain vehicle
- Ability to work in all climates
- Climb and work at heights Qualifications:
- Have a valid drivers license
- High school diploma preferred
- Good communication skills
- Previous Lift Operations or Lift Maintenance Experience,
minimum of 1 year
- Math skills for budgets
- Ability to set work schedules
- Some carpentry skills preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to ski or snowboard at a level 5 ability if
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum of 2 years of a crew of 10 or more subordinates
- Running of heavy machinery, Snowblowers, Snowmobile Job
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee
discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain
shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and
Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans Vail Resorts is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 447127
Keywords: Heavenly Mountain Resort, Reno , Team Lead Lift Operations - $19 per hour - Summer, Other , South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!