Security Officer - Full & Part Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Location: Tahoe City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Palisades Tahoe Resort
in Olympic Valley, CAAbout Palisades Tahoe Palisades Tahoe is the
largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable
acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort
celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics,
the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic
and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average
annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates
the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The
European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round
events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which
are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon
Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In
2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a
name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the
Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You
can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo. A
Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley
and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties. Applicants must be 21 years of age. Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
may be assigned:
- Provide a safe environment for staff and guests 24 hours a
- Patrol the Resort using the Protrac security system and
provides protection to all guests and employees.
- Be visible and accessible at all times, watching for potential
ski thieves, ticket scalpers and public assistance.
- Check doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are tightly
closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows;
submits information to managers.
- Transport guests and staff as needed.
- Accompany any and all requests for money escorts.
- Drive ticket seller to Resort at Squaw Creek.
- Unlock ticket portals and turn on lights and heat 30 minutes
prior to opening.
- Identify safety hazards and either remedy the problem or report
to Risk/Safety Manager.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what actions
to take based on situation, facts known and position
- Put up flags in appropriate spots.
- Maintain comprehensive Security Log.
- Interact with fire department and law enforcement as required
and to assist all departments when necessary.
- Complete accurate and thorough incident reports Competencies
and Job Requirements
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection
- Able to follow all policies and procedures contained in
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations Physical Requirements: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be capable of
walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift.
Required to walk over uneven terrain such as hiking trails or snow.
Must be capable of frequently pushing or pulling up to 50lbs,
occasionally lifting or carrying up to 50lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to
adjust focus. Working Conditions: Indoor/Outdoor: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside
weather conditions. Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in
the work place is usually moderate. Equipment Used in Job:
- Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
- Valid California Guard Card is required before you start
- 1 year(s): Security experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experiencePreferred
- Basic CPR/AED and first aid training
- Experience in law enforcementEducationRequired
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Security Officer - Full & Part Time, Other , Tahoe City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!