Company: General Motors
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionCustomer Care and Aftersales Warehouse Operator
Full Time Warehouse Team Members are hardworking and ambitious
workers who are responsible for picking, packaging, staging, and
shipping parts from a General Motors LLC warehouse containing
automotive parts. Team members are also loading, unloading,
stocking, and maintaining the warehouse inventory. Each team member
operates within a warehouse team environment where Global
Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $17.00 per hour. Eligible for holiday pay,
vacation, opportunity for performance bonus, and excellent
healthcare.Work Requirements:Must be able to perform each duty and
responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical
demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and
contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding
- Use and operate warehouse equipment such as order selector, sit
down/stand up forklifts in connection with the receipt, storage,
and shipping of parts. These vehicles could operate at heights of
up to 35 feet.
- Perform a variety of duties, including:
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing,
- Stage parts of loading.
- Load finished products onto truck and/or railcar.
- Move parts to warehouse for storage.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins
according to predetermined sequence.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work
instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as
required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet operational
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced warehousing plant
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific
physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines,
equipment, and tools, and perform quality checks.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety
glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and appropriate shoes.
- Work in a loud warehousing environment.
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and
periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb stairs, and drive vehicles and
equipment.Additional Job Description
- These are permanent positions working as a direct employee of
General Motors LLC
- Candidates must be willing to work 2nd shift (
- 5% shift premium is standard
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available
with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not
continuouslyInterested individuals must meet the following minimum
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors
hiring process requirements which includehair drug testing and a
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day,
afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts
with little noticeDiversity InformationGeneral Motors is committed
to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but
one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly
believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which
our employees can thrive and develop better products for our
customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which
people gain experiences whether through professional, personal,
educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer.We encourage interested candidates to review
the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any
positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment
Opportunity StatementsThe policy of General Motors is to extend
opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal
basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors
is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including
individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to assist with your job search or application for
employment, email us at or call us at800-865-7580. In your email,
please include a description of the specific accommodation you are
requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the
position for which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors, Reno , Assembler, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!