Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Chewy is searching for a Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator for
our team. The Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator works with
leadership, supervisors, and employees to support and enforce
policies that protect employees and keep the work environment safe
and compliant. The Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator conducts
inspections, supports accident investigations, owns and facilitates
training, and helps define the safety culture of the organization.
Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinators also ensure that
safety-related training records, accident reports and other
documents are completed and filed appropriately.
The successful candidate will be a driven, solutions based,
self-starter. They will be the driving force to ensure the facility
is maintained in accordance with OSHA requirements, as well as
supporting and enforcing policies that ensure a safe and compliant
What you'll do:
- Implement and enforce all OSHA and warehouse rules and
- Engage team members to build and maintain an integrated safety
- Train team members and conduct behavioral safety, 5S, & Gemba
- Train team members and conduct periodic safety and health
walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities.
- Assist with periodic safety and other required training
- Continually add value to training material through
- Assist with accident/injury/near miss response and
- Assist with investigations into employee inquiries, suggestions
- Assist managing safety equipment, PPE, and supply stock and
- Assist with site emergency drills and monitor employee response
- Maintain required safety and health documents/files.
- Perform other duties as assigned What you'll need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional ability to operate safely in a high speed and
- Strong ability to follow instructions as directed and work with
a sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize job tasks and duties
- Knowledge of handling powered industrial equipment and strong
overall safety awareness
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented
environment with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight
- 2 year degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Understanding of fulfillment/distribution center/warehouse
processes and flow
- Well-developed observational and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Able to work flexible schedules/shifts as needed for 7 day
- Proven skills for planning daily/weekly tasks and adapting to
competing demands Strong skills developing relationships across all
levels and functions Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We
value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact .
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: ).
Keywords: Chewy, Reno , Safety and Loss Prevention Coordinator, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!