Animal Care Assistant - Group Housing 1 1 1
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Posted on: January 16, 2022
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to
assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new
drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a
significant impact on the health and well-being of people across
the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance,
IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role
in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career
that you can feel passionate about.Job SummaryResponsible for
performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to
provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at
the site, including: feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and
secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and
restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals
and stocking of supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of
animals at the site.
- May observe animals for general health and overall well
- Clean primary enclosure and enclosure area for animals.
- Sanitize cages, enrichment devices and other related
- Measure and distribute feed to animals in accordance with
- May provide environmental enrichment with guidance.
- Inspect feeding and watering devices for proper function.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice
Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality
- May assist with the movement/transfer of animals.
- May perform cagewash duties as assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.MINIMUM
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold
heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work
materials, equipment, and/or animals.
- Must be able to perform procedures including entering data into
a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and
arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE)
according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Must be able to frequently firmly hold species while utilizing
fine motor skills.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
- Works in a research environment, which requires use of sharp
objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near
known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological
hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
- The employee regularly works with live animals with risk of
exposure to dander, allergens, zoonotic disease, and
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high
depending upon the species housed.
- This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or after
hours shift coverage, as needed.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their
preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment
services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory
guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling
studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our
deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that
anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient
journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new
drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Reno , Animal Care Assistant - Group Housing 1 1 1, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!