Company: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc.
Location: Carson City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
A Floater is a key position that helps by covering shifts at
multiple locations providing them with exposure to a broader
customer base and working with more associates. While working in
the stores, providing product information, suggestive selling, and
promoting period specials improves the customer experience and
keeps them coming back. Floaters are empowered to resolve customer
issues to ensure the best possible experience to keep and even gain
- Provide exceptional GUEST service. Be courteous, always greet
and thank all customers.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and in uniform.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Operate cash register and other store equipment.
- Make safe drops as per company policies.
- Prepare cashier checkout and report accurately and according to
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Maintain cleanliness of building, islands, and pumps.
- Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness and supply stock of
carwash, where applicable.
- Restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed.
- Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed.
- Ensures proper sanitation and food
handling/prep/storage/disposal procedures are followed.
- Pick up/empty trash and clean store and parking lot as
- Must be safety/security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in
the Safety Manual, and report any accidents or incidents to the
- Be knowledgeable about and follow company policy and
- Fueling customers' cars, checking engine fluids, and washing
customer windows as needed. (Required in Oregon; as needed in other
areas for handicapped customers)
- For book floaters, the ability to reconcile daily paperwork
when covering for manager and do daily deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.Skills/Qualifications:
Must be of legal age to sell alcohol. NV Only - must be of legal
age to work in an establishment with slot machines. Being
self-motivated and having strong attention to detail are essential
traits. Must be available for possible rotating shifts (including
nights and weekends) and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to
handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Must
frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 65 pounds. Environmental conditions include heat,
cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor exposure from
gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
Keywords: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc., Reno , Floater, Other , Carson City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!