Vehicle Mechanic I
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Location: Tahoe City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Palisades TahoePalisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort
in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight
peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history
as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital,
and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes
across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the , which offers access to 47
international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its
name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its
values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe or call 1.800.###.####
to learn more. You can also visit us on , , , and . A Great Job and
Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties.Applicants must be 18 years of age.Essential Job
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties
- Inspect vehicles and equipment for safe and dependable
- Perform preventative maintenance, lubrication and adjustments
according to manufacturer s guidelines on snow removal machines,
heavy equipment, snowmobiles, and other company vehicles.
- Repair, remove and/or replace necessary parts to keep vehicles
in operation. Both in shop and out on hill.
- Perform major repairs on all types of gasoline and diesel
engines, gearboxes, drives, and transmissions.
- Complete work orders on all vehicles.
- Notify supervisors of needed replacement parts, assists with
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area, follows OSHA
safety procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with shop AST,UST and daily tank inspections
- Follow and adhere to all Hazmat compliance and Spill Prevention
Control & Counter measurement Plan (SPCC)Competencies and Job
- Able to perform under pressure in adverse conditions and
willingness to tackle any odd job that comes up.
- Must have own tools.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time.
- Work well as part of a team.
- The ability to safely operate all types of equipment.
- Able to identify and repair all types of mechanical and
- Able to conduct his or her self in a professional manor at all
times.Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
talk, see, hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to
use hands to finger, handle or feel objects tools or controls. Must
be capable of frequent wrist, elbow and should twisting and pulling
movements. Must be capable of walking or standing 70% or more of a
normal 8-hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally lifting
and pushing or pulling 100 lbs or more, and frequently lifting,
pushing or pulling, and carrying up to 40lbs. Must be capable of
climbing movements, walking on uneven terrain, and walking on snow
and ice, and operating snow vehicles. Must be able to bend, kneel,
reach, and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.Working
Conditions:Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee will occasionally be exposed to extreme weather
conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical
parts and in precarious places.Hazardous Materials/Noise: Employee
will often be in contact with hazardous substances. They will be
occasionally exposed to extreme hot/cold and wet conditions, noise,
fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electric shock. The noise
level in the work place is usually loud. ExperienceRequired
- Valid Drivers license.
- Mechanical and electrical diagnostic and repairs.
- Mechanical experience with Automotive, Truck, Bus, or Fleet
diagnostics and repair.
- 2 year(s): 2 years relevant vehicle maintenance experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred
- Heavy equipment experience
- Have welding fabrication experience
- Experience with diagnostic tools and computers
- Understanding of air & hyd brake systems
- Ability to read both electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Hydraulic systems knowledge and experience
- Strong diagnostic and repair abilities.
- Knowledge of all typical shop equipment.EducationRequired
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Vehicle Mechanic I, Other , Tahoe City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!