Front Desk Agent- Seasonal - Full & Part Time
Company: Palisades Tahoe
Posted on: October 14, 2021
About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe
region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more
than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of
the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home
mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across
multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley
and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other
duties may be assigned:
- Greet each guest who enters the Lodging Reception Center,
answer phone calls, answer all questions with accurate
- Book reservations, respond to emails and electronic
reservations, check-in new guests, check out guests, and provide
any necessary services to ensure a customer’s satisfaction.
- Review lodging transactions daily to ensure that accurate and
timely revenues and expenses are recorded.
- Responsible for setting up all aspects of the Front Desk for
Night Auditors. Pass along all important issues to other front desk
employees during shift changes.
- Aid guests with questions that involve calling businesses, i.e.
taxi, theater, airlines, car rentals.
- Use computer system to perform all check-in and check-out
- Participates in the sales culture of the front desk by booking
walk-ins, upselling reservations, and taking advantage of any
promotional products offered at the front desk.
- Accountable for monies recieved at Front Desk and responsible
for turning in all monies to accounting.
- Use computer systems to prepare and send backup to credit card
- Run all necessary reports and programs to ensure a successful
end of day.
- Maintain a guest-friendly atmosphere with music and a neat work
- Utilize checklists to ensure that all job functions are
- Follow procedures and coordinates efforts with Security during
any emergency (Power outage, fire, etc.)
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance; must wear proper
uniform while on duty.
- Assist new employees in learning job functions.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft word and
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and work
well under stressful situations.
- Effective communication skills, oral & written.
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of
walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8-hour work shift. Must
be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up
to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee will be exposed to an indoor working
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in
the work place is usually low.
Equipment Used in Job: None
- 1 year(s): Experience in a guest service position.
- Experience working at a hotel/resort Front Desk.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Keywords: Palisades Tahoe, Reno , Front Desk Agent- Seasonal - Full & Part Time, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!