About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe
region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more
than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of
the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home
mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across
multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Olympic Valley
and Alpine Meadows
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 16 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Set up cones, signs and barricades in parking areas as
- Direct guest to the appropriate parking locations on the
- Provides service excellence to our guests in a friendly and
positive manner while creating a warm welcome first
- Understands and has an in depth knowledge about Palisades Tahoe
mountains, as well as Truckee and the Tahoe area
- Collect money and process credit card transactions in our POW
- Engages and is empowered to assist guests when they are having
a difficult time and provides solutions that are agreeable for both
- Keep parking areas clean and free of trash. Take pride in their
- Assist with traffic control on busy days.
- Assist guests in loading and unloading areas.
- Shovel snow as needed.
- Adhere to all departmental and company policies and
procedures and participate in all departmental and resort training
and development courses.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Able to work well in a high volume, hectic environment, while
maintaining composure when dealing with irate customers, and
maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of
walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must
be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up
to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions
and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee will frequently be exposed to outside winter
weather conditions, including extreme cold and blizzard like
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in
the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: None
- Previous experience in customer service