About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe
region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more
than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of
the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home
mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across
multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores,
including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure customer is treated courteously and
- Clean hotel rooms quickly, neatly, and efficiently.
Change linen and towels as needed.
- Clean and sanitize sinks, showers and toilets
- Ensure that guest room corridors are clean.
- Maintain neat and clean cart, equipment, storage rooms, and
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Respect all hotel equipment and property and use with care to
avoid unnecessary damage.
- Document any deficiencies, including mechanical and electrical
problems from the guest’s rooms and report to the housekeeping
- Check drawers, microwaves, refrigerators and closets and
disposes of contents properly.
- Label and submit all lost and found items to the housekeeping
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be
capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8
hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting.
pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in
the work place is usually moderate. This employee will frequently
be exposed to fumes, odors, dusts, ventilation
Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning
agents, household cleaning products and equipment.
- Previous housekeeping experience