About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe
region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more
than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of
the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home
mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across
multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400
inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and
snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at
Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars,
restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and
operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access
to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed
its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects
its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206
to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provides excellent guest services to internal and external
- Supervises Housekeeping staff in accordance with Palisades
Tahoe policies and procedures. Assist in supervisory
responsibilities such as interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises daily housekeeping staff and assists in the
delegation of assignments.
- Maintain guest rooms and public areas in a clean, comfortable
and saleable condition, including heart of the house areas.
- Coordinate with the Front Office to review occupancy levels and
staff labor accordingly.
- Performs all duties of Housekeepers as needed
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Must have complete understanding of The Village cleaning
standards and practices.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with housekeepers and
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Must work well as part of a team and be a team leader.
- Extremely well organized and excel at multi-tasking
- Must be punctual with positive work attitude.
- Must have safety awareness at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be
capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work
shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting. pushing or
pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in
the work place is usually moderate. This employee will frequently
be exposed to fumes, odors, dusts, ventilation
Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning
agents, household cleaning products and equipment. Occasional
required to wear hard hat, ear protection, eye protection, safety
gloves and dust masks,
- 1 year(s): Previous Supervisor Experience