FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL-TIME) $500 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Posted Date: Oct 5, 2021
- $500 sign-on bonus paid in installments
- We are hiring immediately for
full-time FOOD UNIT LEAD positions.
- Location: University of Nevada
Reno - 1925 Half Dome Drive, Reno, NV, 89557 Note: online
applications accepted only.
F/T: Schedules may vary, based on operational
- Requirement: Minimum of
two years Food Service/Supervisory experience
- *Internal Employee Referral
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells
Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience.
We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing
in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together
to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: Coordinates activities of other
food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for
customers, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of
food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for
presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the
complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to
promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and
expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required
daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash
reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food
Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety
of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards
and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees
adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and
washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in
areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both
inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full
potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for
the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job
via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search
requisition ID number 888690.
The advertised program is an
AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass
Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Reno , FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL-TIME) $500 SIGN ON BONUS, Other , RENO, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!