Company: Eaton Corporation
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Division is seeking an Accounting
Manager. This position is based at our Reno, NV
Eaton's Crouse Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas Group has an exciting
opportunity for an Accounting Manager within our Reno
NV manufacturing plant who will partner with Plant leadership
to provide meaningful information and analysis regarding
manufacturing operations and products to drive improvements and
support meeting our financial commitments. This position is
pivotal in managing the daily functions related to financial
reporting for this site, with specific functions including variance
analysis, forecasting, month end close, financial reporting, and
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze manufacturing spend, manufacturing variances and other
information (earned hours, paid hours, manufacturing costs,
sourcing data, PPV, overhead allocations, etc.) at the plant level
and cost center level. Provide Plant Manager with results and
recommendations that will support our financial commitments and
- Prepare the material, labor and overhead portion of the profit
plan for the plant
- Serve as a business advisor to the Plant Manager and support
achieving the High 5 Operations Metrics (CP%, FP%, DOH and CONC%)
and advise leadership on financial implications of operating
strategies, cost control, process improvements, and business
- Work with the Plant to prepare weekly and monthly manufacturing
variance to current month forecast.
- Perform mathematical computations from data and accumulate data
to develop reports, charts, or records as required.
- Assist in coding and approval of invoices.
- Along with the SCM team, lead the annual physical inventory and
assist with internal and external audit requirements.
- Support the calculate and validation of cost savings projects
from VAVE, Sourcing, and Plants. Perform monthly review of
Cost Out Database with Division Continuous Improvement Manager for
- Complete monthly reporting. Reports may include variance
reports, cost productivity, flex productivity, CONC for
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals,
philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all accounting policies, procedures, and schedules
are adhered to.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from
an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting and/or
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV
will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 3 years of accounting and/or finance experience within a
- Experience in cost accounting, financial planning and/or
- Experience working in other functions in a manufacturing
environment (supply chain, marketing, engineering, etc).
- Experience with internal and external audits
- Experience with SAP
Position Success Criteria:
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and
able to learn from mistakes
- Ethical, operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of US GAAP
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Reno , Accounting Manager, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!