Eaton’s Electrical division is seeking an Assembler I-
2nd shift to join our team. This
position is at our Reno, NV facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and
everyday. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach
your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Perform simple repetitive bench assembly of parts and
- Use bolts, screws, clips and other fastening devices
- Work under close supervision and may work from models, samples,
or simple diagrams
- Be using hand tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
- Keep work areas clean and safe
- Supports all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN
initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Maintain 5-S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain)
throughout shop floor and office areas.
- Track and sustain all visual management tools such as, but not
limited to: layered audits, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
boards, and any additional LEAN tools that are deemed necessary to
provide direction, goals and status to the shop floor.
- Encourage, support, and actively participate in Kaizen
improvements and events throughout the facility, department, and
area of responsibility.
- Other various duties and responsibilities as may be
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company
- No relocation package offered. Candidates must reside within 50
miles of the work location in order to be considered for this
position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt
from the geographical area limitations.
- Able to perform computer data entry for various purposes
- Able to work effectively and productively as member of a team
to service internal customers
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize daily
- Read and write and communicate effectively in English
- Perform basic mathematical functions (adding, subtracting,
dividing, multiplying and fractions)
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Able to lift and bend on a continuous basis
- Able to regularly lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as
required by company policy and procedure.
- Exposure to cold/heat weather conditions while shipping doors
- Fast paced while maintaining safety priorities
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities
for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are
based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information,
protected veteran status, or any other status protected by
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No