Eaton’s Electrical B-Line division is currently seeking a
Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift to join our team.
This position is based at our Reno, Nevada facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading the focus
on safety, quality, on time delivery, labor productivity, and
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Conduct Daily Visual Management, stand-up meetings with all
department personnel in area of responsibility focusing on safety,
quality, delivery, cost/productivity, and inventory.
- Utilize lean six sigma methodologies to reduce operational
costs, inventory and lead-times as well as ensure alignment with
long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Develop and establish manufacturing priorities based on the
production schedule and monitor employee work requirements in order
to meet customer deadlines.
- Enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet
operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach
employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary
actions if required.
- Monitor control plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems and
supervise production activities to ensure manufactured products
meet or exceed established quality requirements.
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee
empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are
followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
- Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work
instruction and tools to successfully perform job. Build
organizational capabilities within his team (technical and
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and three (3)
years of manufacturing experience.
- OR a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited
institution and seven (7) years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All
candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Reno, NV
facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Operations from an accredited
- Previous experience with metal forming processes.
- SAP business system experience.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are
industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed
below are programs that are offered globally, but program
availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: