Embarc is an emerging cannabis retailer in the state of
California. We are seeking a Guide (Retail Associate / Driver)
whose responsibilities?include working closely with customers to
determine their needs, answer their questions and recommend the
right products. This role will promptly resolve customer complaints
and ensure maximum client satisfaction. Additionally, the Guide
should stay up to date with product features and maintain our
store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent
- Check-in customers on POS system.
- Assess customers’ needs, provide assistance and information on
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries.
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly,
quarterly and yearly basis.
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned
- Actively seek out customers in store.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases.
- Cross sell products.
- Handle returns of merchandise.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers.
- Comply with inventory control procedures.
- Delivery functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a retail setting. Prolonged periods of
standing and walking throughout the retail space. Must be able to
lift up to 25 pounds at times.
This position may require travel for deliveries.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to anticipate customer’s needs.
- Ability to recommend merchandise to customers.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn the stores point-of-sale
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.
- A minimum of 1 years in a customer service role in a retail or
- Analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures.
- Proven expertise and experience to accurately manage a
- Experience as a “key holder” in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of the state’s cannabis regulations.
embarc is an emerging cannabis retailer in the state of
Equal opportunity employer
Embarc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination
based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record
of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment