Housekeeper - Starts at $21 per hour - Full & Part Time - Housing Available
Company: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
Posted on: July 22, 2021
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned
mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of
the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres
across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the
Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed
by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while
legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue
to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The
resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®,
which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars,
restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of
snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
is known as the Spring Skiing Capital™ and provides the
longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine
Meadows is on the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season
passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five
continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine
Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name,
removing the word “squaw,” which is widely considered offensive.
The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be
unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also
visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo.
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including
Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, etc.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure customer is treated courteously and
- Clean hotel rooms quickly, neatly, and efficiently.
Change linen and towels as needed.
- Clean and sanitize sinks, showers and toilets
- Ensure that guest room corridors are clean.
- Maintain neat and clean cart, equipment, storage rooms, and
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Respect all hotel equipment and property and use with care to
avoid unnecessary damage.
- Document any deficiencies, including mechanical and electrical
problems from the guest’s rooms and report to the housekeeping
- Check drawers, microwaves, refrigerators and closets and
disposes of contents properly.
- Label and submit all lost and found items to the housekeeping
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and smell. Must be
capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8
hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting.
pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of
this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in
the work place is usually moderate. This employee will frequently
be exposed to fumes, odors, dusts, ventilation
Equipment Used in Job: Chemical cleaning
agents, household cleaning products and equipment.
- Previous housekeeping experience
Keywords: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Reno , Housekeeper - Starts at $21 per hour - Full & Part Time - Housing Available, Other , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!