Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking an EHS
Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, NV
The EHS Technician will assist with environment, health and
safety activities to assure the organization develops a strong EHS
culture and assist in value-add, sustainable actions to improve EHS
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s
where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Actively work with EHS Manager and MESH element champions to
complete an annual evaluation of compliance for corporate EHS,
country, state and local regulations.
- Actively participate in and document Management of
Environmental Safety and Health and ISO14001 and MESH standards
- Assist in championing a strong EHS culture to achieve a
zero-incident target and acting in a way that promotes a safe work
environment and advance EHS goals.
- Help generate initiatives that focus on incident prevention
such as but not limited to facilitating safety talks that address
workplace hazards, communication of EHS activities, and EHS site
- Support the function in EHS data analysis, data management,
reporting, and training while providing technical expertise to the
organization. Such as but not limited to tracking of leading and
lagging indicators for EHS performance, ELS requirements, 5S+,
Kaizen events, hazard/risk assessments, and corrective action
- Help maintain EHS documents, so they are organized, current,
and easily accessible.
- Assist with the development of action plans and corrective
- Help to identify emerging trends and areas of poor program
- Serve as a role model for Eaton values and provide timely
support to all employees.
- Cross train in other areas to serve as a back-up when
- Other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in a manufacturing, quality
or EHS role.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only
candidates in the immediate geographic area (50-mile radius) will
be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now and in the future.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety
or Environmental Science or similar field from an accredited
- Two (2) or more years of experience as an Emergency First
- Professional certifications (Certified Safety Professional,
Associate Safety Professional, Environmental Health and Safety
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 & 45001 and MESH standards is
- Strong organizational sills
- Position requires physical activity; standing, lifting, and
moving majority of the day
- Willingness to make decisions and take the lead in emergency
- Working knowledge and experience with computers
- Project Management skills
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving skills
- Computer skills: MS Windows, PowerPoint, Word and
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups
- Some travel may be required for developmental training or
- Willingness to work with chemicals and chemical
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation. Gender identity, age national
origin, disability, martial status, genetic information. Protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No