Posted on: July 18, 2021
Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Machinist to
join our team. This position is based at our Reno, NV
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan
sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts
for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such
as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances
of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically
controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and
grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to
prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs,
gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that
parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or
tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or
worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out
machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers,
scribes, and rulers.
- Develop and design new tools and dies, using computer-aided
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or
shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in
the fabrication of parts or products.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys,
based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces and feed or
place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in
parts for assembly.
- Supports all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN
initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Maintain 5-S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain)
throughout shop floor and office areas.
- Track and sustain all visual management tools such as, but not
limited to: layered audits, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
boards, and any additional LEAN tools that are deemed necessary to
provide direction, goals and status to the shop floor.
- Encourage, support, and actively participate in Kaizen
improvements and events throughout the facility, department, and
area of responsibility.
- Other various duties and responsibilities as may be
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in related field or
comparable Trade School
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company
sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must have working knowledge of Shop Math including
Trigonometry, Angles and Circle interpolation.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Reno will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Able to regularly lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as
required by company policy and procedure.
- Able to work with water soluble oil coolants
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Keywords: Eaton, Reno , Machinist, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!