Senior Network Engineer, Outside Plant
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: July 15, 2021
About the role:
This position is responsible for the application engineering of
telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange
environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical
aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to
cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of
ways and easements. This position works as a team member with
Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission and Operations to
support the growth, replacements and upgrades of telecommunications
plant facilities. This position also supports sales,
marketing, operations and regulatory as needed.
What you'll do:
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city and national indices to
gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to insure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP
documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT’s.
- Respond to DOR’s as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the
What you'll need:
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5
years’ experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on
outside plant design, cable count layout, and
- Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications outside
- Must be able to participate and lead project teams to achieve
team objectives and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important in discussions
and meetings with engineering team, regional managers, vendors,
local supervisors and technicians.
- Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following,
FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS), Adobe,
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills (written
and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in achieving
desired results and are critical to the position.
- Outside plant construction and project management experience
and inventory management experience.
- Experience in right of way, private easement and permitting
with local, state and federal entities.
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Reno , Senior Network Engineer, Outside Plant, Other , GARDNERVILLE, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!