Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Cook II is responsible for supervising and assisting in the
preparation of all food items for the Restaurant/Dining Outlet Cafe
Room Service Employee Cafeteria and Banquets while maintaining the
highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- At least 5 years of related progressive experience or a
culinary graduate with at least 1 year of progressive experience in
a hotel or related field.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to
position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Maintain friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough working knowledge of menus and the preparation
required to produce the product according to
- Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensure the completion of necessary food and station
preparations prior to open of the Restaurant/Dining Outlet Cafe and
Room Service in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and
efficiently during operating hours.
- Assist and supervise on kitchen line during operating hours to
maintain the highest standards of efficiency productivity and
quality; be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in
need of help.
- Supervise and assist in the food preparation for Banquets as
required following specifications of Banquet Event Orders; Ensure
banquet items are completed on time and check with Banquet Manager
or Supervisor for time cover count or any other changes.
- Supervise the preparation of food for the Employee Cafeteria as
- Ensure that all food is prepared following Aimbridge
Hospitality standard recipes.
- Maintain the 'Clean as You Go' policy. Be responsible for
maintaining the sanitation and cleaning schedules of the kitchen.
Keep all storage areas neat orderly and clean.
- Supervise and assist with the break down of buffets and kitchen
line ensuring proper storage of food and equipment at the end of
each meal period.
- Ensure that all employees practice safe work habits at all
times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Enforce all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with the hotel's emergency procedures.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
helpful and courteous to all guests managers and all other
- Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker
storeroom and walk-ins are locked when not in use.
- Ensure that the Employee Break room is kept neat orderly and
- Maintain the high food quality standards in the kitchen and
find ways to improve upon them.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage
- Assist in training staff in the operation and maintenance of
all kitchen equipment.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Nestled in a primary location, we are only six miles from
Reno-Tahoe International Airport and accessible to an array of
businesses, shopping and medical facilities.
Guest can take a drive to beautiful Lake Tahoe to enjoy water
and snow activities or hike the famous Tahoe Rim Trail. They can
schedule a sightseeing tour on the M.S. Dixie Queen or take a train
ride through the beautiful mountains on the historic Virginia &
Guest can stay connected in the 24-hour Business Center with
complimentary WiFi. Heat snacks from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry
convenience store in the comfort of their own room or indulge in
tasty American cuisine at Great American Grill. Guest can keep
active in the fitness center, plunge into the indoor pool or lounge
in the whirlpool any time of year.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Reno , Cook II, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!