Company: Altice USA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 2021-26895
10607 West River Street, Truckee, CA
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech
company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting
with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their
favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around
technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate
customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and
retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our
customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been
recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as
by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax
for our diversity & inclusion program.
- Assist with quality assurance of Plant Maintenance work
completed by Altice technical services/contractors for both Hybrid
Fiber Coax (HFC) and Fiber to the Home (FTTH).
- Supports efforts to standardize policies & procedures for the
Network Operation preventative maintenance teams.
- Work closely with Network Operations teams throughout Altice
technical services and AlticeUSA to ensure that all local, state,
and national rules and regulations of any regulatory agencies are
- Conduct random visits to perform tests as required on equipment
using signal level meters, sweep analyzer, voltage OHM meter,
spectrum analyzer, optical TDR and other related test equipment to
ensure compliance with SCC, Public Service Commission (PSC),
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and AlticeUSA
- Ability to setup, troubleshoot and use of all Construction &
Outside Plant troubleshooting tools for monitoring, testing, and
repairing the network:
- Responsible for the testing of all telecommunication equipment
from the Head end to the subscriber terminal device including
television, telephone and computer, using the appropriate test
- Responsible for inspection of plant construction, cabinet
construction, HFC and Fiber EoL from documentation.
- Validate as-build maps to design and construction.
- Complete all administrative documentation relating to the
maintenance and repair of cable plant and system components with
- Provide support to compliance management group regarding
- Partner with Network Operations technicians to develop
processes to strengthen Plant QoS procedures.
- Provides detailed reports on system performance and overall
health of the plant.
- Responsible for special projects and performs other duties as
assigned by leadership.
- Responsible for interfacing with other AlticeUSA departments as
required and necessary, to ensure complete customer
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 5-7 years' experience in a similar role required
- Demonstrated performance operating at a Quality Technician Sr.
level or equivalent outside plant experience required.
- SCTE BPI (Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
Broadband certification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with customer interactions preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of community antenna
television(CATV) aerial and underground construction.
- Basic understanding of AC/DC theory, the National Electric Code
and National Safety Code.
- Demonstrated expertise in the interpretation of system design
prints and in depth knowledge of Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) and Fiber
to the Home (FTTH) network.
- Proficiency in setup and use of all Outside Plant tools
including: Signal. Leakage (Effigis, Comsonics, etc.) Return Path
Monitoring, Sweep systems, and VeEX Meter operations.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of system specific products and
test Outside Plant.
- Must have a working knowledge of Outside Plant/Inside Plant
- Must understand the following fiber concepts; loss, testing,
characterization, design and construction.
- Experience working with Workforce Management programs across
Field Service, Construction, and Outside Plant.
- Knowledge of all contractor specifications and billing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings,
weekends, holidays, and overtime as required as well as 24 hours
standby when needed.
- Clean and valid States Driver's License with ability to travel
to other work locations as necessary.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all
backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its
applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers,
professional or employment related information, photos, education
information and/or protected classifications under federal and
state law. This information is collected for employment purposes,
including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant
background screening, human resource administration and compliance
with federal, state and local law.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Join our Talent Community and receive job alerts when we have
new opportunities that match your interests.
Share This Page
Keywords: Altice USA, Reno , QC Lead, Other , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!