Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2021
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and
engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national
engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides
integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure
markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and
government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to
delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking an Electric Distribution Designer/Engineer for
the Las Vegas and Reno NV market area. We are open to candidates
residing anywhere in Nevada. This position will be working with our
Power Distribution Engineering team and be a part of our growing
Power Sector. In this role you will be responsible for performing
complex detailed design of overhead and /or underground electric
distribution systems, including the preparation of field notes,
drawings, specifications, and estimates. You will provide limited
direction to Designers and Technicians on assigned projects and may
be required to act as Design Leader on projects of minor
You should have a thorough knowledge of the practices and
procedures pertaining to technical matters in one or more of the
- a) Electrical Engineering
- b) Instrumentation and Control
- c) Protective Relaying
- d) Transmission Design
- e) Substation Design
- f) Civil Engineering
- g) Mechanical Engineering
- h) Distribution Engineering
- i) Surveying
- j) GIS and Mapping
- k) CADD
You will perform, with a minimum of supervision, a variety of
design related duties including, but not limited to, the
- Prepare manual or computer assisted design and construction
drawings of a complex nature with neatness and a minimum of
- Perform design services requiring a full understanding of
drawings, specifications, and industry and Company standards
covering the assigned work.
- Take a significant role in the preparation of cost estimates,
specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering calculations.
- Coordinate equipment deliveries and design development to meet
- Acquire on-site field data to accomplish the design or to
monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
- May serve as a Project Coordinator on certain projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of utility distribution design experience with a
utility or consulting engineering firm with demonstrated project
- Associates Degree or greater in Electrical Engineering
/Technology from an accredited college or university. Management
may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable
for this position.
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience with GIS systems
preferably Smallworld or GWD and CADD systems (AutoCad).
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in
connection with project design responsibilities.
- Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to
- Experience working in field and office preferred.
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Reno , Distribution Designer/Engineer, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!