Azure DevOps Technical Architect
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Perficient youll deliver mission-critical
technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some
of the most recognized brands on the planet. And youll do it with
cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with
the worlds biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North
America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the
opportunity to spread your wings, too.
Were proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Lead Azure
DevOps Technical Architect in a national business unit.
As an Azure DevOps Architect, you will participate
in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes
estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation,
testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our
clients in the Azure platform. You will be expected to be a leader
in a diverse team environment with account representatives, fellow
architects, DevOps engineers and application developers who are all
at different stages of their career and skill levels.
You will be expected to lead the technical planning & requirements
gathering phases of Azure DevOps engagements including estimate,
develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver. You will
serve as a technical lead and mentor and provide technical support
or leadership in the development and continual improvement of
service. You will develop and maintain effective working
relationships with team members. You will demonstrate the ability
to adapt and work with team members of various experience
- Own and aggressively drive forward Azure DevOps engagements.
Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for
Azure DevOps projects.
- Lead migrations from existing DevOps tools/processes to the
Azure DevOps platform
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product
Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and
interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design,
develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new Azure DevOps
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and
creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities,
through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical
dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams
building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required
capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to
determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to
meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting
significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the
immediate team and driving change
Preferred Skills And Education
- Passionate DevOps engineers with a minimum 10 years of
professional experience with DevOps principles, practices and
- At least 2, recent project implementations that showcase Azure
DevOps adoption is preferred
- At least 3 DevOps process/tool adoption efforts which showcase
great DevOps project success are required
- At least 3 years of experience in a professional services
company, consulting firm, or agency highly preferred
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead
teams in the implementation of the solution according to the
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on
market/technical conditions and future direction
- Experience in defining Azure DevOps architectures and ability
to drive an independent project from an architectural
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex
and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with
non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts
to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high
level decision makers
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be independent and self-driven
- Must be open to travel
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent
real-world IT experience is required
- Knowledge and experience in leading software development
efforts using agile methodologies as well as DevOps processes/tools
- Strong experience with Cloud PaaS
- Certifications in Azure are required (AZ 100, AZ 204 and AZ 400
- Certifications in similar Cloud/PaaS platforms are desired
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to
provide strategic planning and oversight
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate
engineers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English via multiple
channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical
- Experience in the design of target state architecture in a
corporate or enterprise environment
- Ability to think strategically but, at the same time,
conversant with implementing tactically (this is not an arm-chair
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation
consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers
throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology,
management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its
Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with
outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell
2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended
to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide
to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to
this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or
change the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, Reno , Azure DevOps Technical Architect, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!