Staff RN - 12hr - SMRMC Emergency Svc
Company: Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe
patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within
the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides
patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel
while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in
Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and
accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency
Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the
changes in the patients clinical condition including results of the
diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding
quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response
to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and
reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital
Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
Education and Work Experience
- Current and valid state RN License
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain
- Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain
- Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire
and maintain current.
- Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute
care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6
months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items
- In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and
- EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric
course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire
- Non OB facilities: NRP (AHA) certificate 90 days upon hire and
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do
not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status,
disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or
other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation
for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is
Keywords: Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center, Reno , Staff RN - 12hr - SMRMC Emergency Svc, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!