Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Arcosa, Inc.
Location: Carson City
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for a Heavy Equipment
Operator for our Carson City, NV plant. In this role you will
support a positive safety culture within an open pit mining
operation that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Heavy
Equipment Operator, you will operate all types of mining
Arcosa Specialty materials is a leading producer and distributor
in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural
aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand
and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What you'll do:
- Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and
applicable government regulations.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Operate all types of mining equipment in an efficient manner in
all weather conditions in a mining production environment.
- Operate one or more of the following equipment 780 Hundai to
922 CAT Loaders, John Deere 800 Excavator, CAT D9L High track
Dozer, Champion 740A Blade, and 40 to 50 ton Articulating and Rigid
Frame Haul Trucks, as well as Crushing Plant operation
- Load product and overburden in open pit mine
- Attend scheduled departmental and safety meetings.
- Comply with strict safety procedures, following all MSHA
What you'll need:
- Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance
- The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs,
ladders, and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up
to 60 pounds.
- The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot,
dry, dusty, rainy)
- Have a Valid driver's license.
- Preferred 2+ years heavy equipment experiences in construction
or mining environment.
- Must have good mechanical abilities.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow
- Welding experience, helpful but not required.
- MSHA certification (we will train)
- Regularly sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing.
- Vision requirements include close vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent use of hands and arms. Requires ability to lift,
carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75lbs.
- Occasional bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching,
ascending and descending stairs or ladders.
- This job is performed in the open pit mine and crushing plant
in a mining and production environment.
- While performing job duties there is regular exposure to
moderate to loud noise levels, fine dust, vibration and moving
Keywords: Arcosa, Inc., Reno , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Carson City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!