The Store Associate is responsible for providing customers with
a leading shopping experience, while
consistently meeting the stores sales goals by performing the
following main duties:
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent
sales and service.
- Actively welcomes, seeks out, and engages customers within the
- Assess customers needs and provides assistance and information
on product features.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals.
- Prioritizes time to achieve individual and team tasks to be
- Uses resources in a conscientious and effective manner.
- Stays up-to-date on and remains knowledgeable on products
- Maintain stores visual appearance in high standards.
- Promoting customer loyalty plans
- Maintains company standards regarding personal sales
- Performs cashiering, stockroom upkeep and store upkeep as
- Additional responsibilities such as key carrying for opening
and closing store procedures,
including cash reconciliation, banking, reporting, and security
- Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
0 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external
individuals at all levels. This
includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills.
Communication should be
consistently constructive and professional.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions. Able to
analyze results at a micro and macro level and present findings.
Makes routine decisions
following established policies and procedures; collaborates with
manager to gain assistance
when complex issues arise.
Confidential Information Property of The Finish Line, Inc. 1
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these
functions. Individual must be 18 years of age or older.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable
accommodations may be made as
related to an employees religion, ethnicity, or disability:
- Requires a set, weekly availability which meets the needs of
the business and includes some
combination of mornings, days, and nights based on the business
- Requires availability on weekends and holidays
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the companys
policies are required for the
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers
and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform
business-related mathematics in order to
carry out normal business and understand corporate sales
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Requires standing approximately 4 12 hours per day usually 3 5
days per week.
- During peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will
work for long periods throughout a
4 14 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on
customers feet as well as reaching
and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in
order to stock and/or acquire
merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 25 lbs regularly. In certain
circumstances, weights may be
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy
The company reserves the right to modify this job description
with or without notice. Employees may be
asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope
on a temporary basis per company
Our mission is to deliver the EPIC FINISH by bringing the
latest and greatest sneakers to market and creating a memorable