Lake Tahoe- Cook II- Employee Cafeteria- Full time
Company: Caesars Entertainment Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Prepares food, including hot entrees and sauces to
specifications in an accurate and timely manner to provide guests
with a quality product.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides safe and wholesome food to our guests.
- Maintains a sanitary and organized work area.
- Demonstrates proper care, storage, use and cleaning of all
tools and equipment.
- Demonstrates competent product knowledge by correct storing and
handling of all perishables, maintaining quality, security, value
- Prepares food products according to standard recipes and
specifications and demonstrates positive responses to training by
- Effectively communicates with other team members, including
service and kitchen maintenance personnel.
- Portions, prepares and presents meats, poultry and fish
entrees; pastas, vegetables, pan sauces and butter sauces.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Specialized training in broiler cooking
- Minimum of 3 years as a Cook I
- Ability to understand and respond to written order, recipes and
directs in English
- Ability to work flexible time periods as required of a cook in
a resort environment as well as be flexible enough to work in
multiple outlets as needed
- Ability to recognize different cooking oils and their cooking
- Ability to use knives, other hand-held instruments and other
food preparation equipment
- Must have a sense of urgency to serve customers properly
- Ability to perform all duties of a Cook's Helper/Pantry Person
and Cook I
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to coach other cooks in a team environment
- Ability to portion, prepare and present meat, poultry and fish
entrees; pastas, vegetables, pan sauces and butter sauces
- Knowledge of the "mother sauces" (espagnole, veloute, bchamel,
and tomato) and butter sauces and clear, thick and regional soups
with appropriate garnishment
- Additional skills required: theme, cuisine or cooking style of
the assigned kitchen or restaurant
- Ability to interact and communicate with internal and external
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of
integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a
- Acts as a role model to other Team Members and always presents
oneself as a credit to Caesars Entertainment and encourages others
to do the same.
- Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and
PHYSICAL, MENTAL and ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to correctly lift and transport objects weighing up to
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours with appropriate mobility
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Visual range must include immediate environment
- Auditory range must include near and medium distances.
- Dexterity to use food preparation machinery
- Ability to use repetitive hand motion, holding and
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperatures
Positions that have contact with the public require the ability
to work in a noisy environment, and may be exposed to guests who
use tobacco products. Also, non-public contact positions may be
required to enter public areas from time to time, in connection
with their duties, and may be subject to the same environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the current job or to require that other or
different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.
emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment Corporation, Reno , Lake Tahoe- Cook II- Employee Cafeteria- Full time, Other , Stateline, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!