At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the
globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial
culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our
careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply
chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an
ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid
V-TEC OPERATOR - 3RD SHIFT - 11:30PM TO 7:30AM
ONSITE OPEN INTERVIEWS-
Thursday, April 20th, 2021 from 9:30am to 3:30pm
Friday, April 22nd, 2021 from 9:30am to 3:30pm
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Performing operation of Versatec to manufacture product of
sandwich wraps. Considers food safety and consumer safety while
preforming work. Participates in GMP and food safety training.
Follows GMP policy. Reports all food safety and quality concerns
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reference Job Sheet and Work Instructions to verify wrap
- Ensure shaft position is correct with regards to paper width
and inflate bladders with air shaft.
- Make adjustment to brakes and web alignment.
- Belts, Slitters, Shields and Gear
- must be adjusted to accommodate sheet size.
- Ensure the right shrink film to be used.
- Set up boxer and dater.
- Pull one sheet out of each lane and measure to check quality of
slitter and fly knife cut.
- Check the counter setting.
- Complete the Start-Up Sheet.
- Through out the shift do quality checks.
- Physical count done twice per shift.
- Stack cartons on skid.
- Place topper on skid when completed, enter skid into computer,
put ticket on skid and put in warehouse.
- Follows all Company rules and guidelines.
- Avoid unsafe practices or carelessness. Follow all Company
safety rules and policies. Follow all safety rule specific to each
machine and/or department.
- Cooperate with fellow employees.
- Is waste conscious of efforts and materials at all times.
- Attempts to achieve quality product.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a team player with a "can do" attitude.
- Should possess basic mechanical skills.
- Capable of working in hot environment.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., to a height of 7
to 8 ft. when stacking finished product.
- Must have basic troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Basic English.
- Due to fluctuating production levels employees may be asked to
work beyond normally scheduled work hours or less than normally
scheduled work hours. Employees may be required to work weekends or
partial weekends on a scheduled basis. You may also be called in
during non-scheduled hours.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, move about facility, climb
stairs, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers
to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools and controls, grasp, push,
pull, reach with hands and arms, lift above shoulder level.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally is
exposed to fumes or other airborne particles and vibration.
Noise levels in the work environment is usually in the range of
Employee will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or
alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident,
return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
The above statements reflect the general details considered
necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and are
not to be construed as a detailed description of all work
requirements that may be inherent to the position. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
This position is backed-up by another V-Tec Operator or V-Tec
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job
Novolex is committed to providing equal employment opportunity
in all employment practices, including but not limited to,
selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all
qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race,
color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship
status, service member or veteran status, or any other category
protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who
because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in
connection with an aspect of the Company's application process
should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com.