Diagnostic Imaging Assistant - Per Diem
Company: Tahoe Forest Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Bargaining Unit: Non Licensed
Rate of Pay:$25.43/ Hour+ DOE
SUMMARY: Schedules appointments, gives information
to callers, performs clerical work and otherwise coordinates the
daily functions of multiple diagnostic service areas by performing
the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the
- Greets visitors and patients and ascertains nature of business
in a professional and courteous manner, and conducts to appropriate
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes
call to appropriate person and places outgoing calls.
- Schedules appointments with patients or physicians offices for
multiple diagnostic service areas.
- Confirms scheduled patients for next day.
- Notifies patients and/or physician offices of appropriate
preparation for exams.
- Ensures preparation was appropriate prior to exam.
- Prioritizes patients and work activities based on changing
- Organizes and directs activities of volunteers.
- Assists in training and orienting new employees and
- Processes exam charges and ensures accuracy.
- Routes incoming/outgoing mail.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Prepares outside studies for Radiologist viewing in PACS
- Files and processes correspondence, reports and x-rays.
- Reviews and distributes transcribed reports.
- Updates prescription file.
- Makes copies of correspondence, films or other printed matter
- Enters and retrieves data from hospital computer system.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or
general education degree (GED); or one to three months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology. Six
months Diagnostic Imaging department experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Tahoe Forest Health System, Reno , Diagnostic Imaging Assistant - Per Diem, Other , Truckee, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!