Survey Party Chief
Company: Lumos & Associates
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Lumos & Associates, we hire and mentor great talent to serve
our local communities. Our highly collaborative work environment
allows for problem solvers to flourish in our family-focused work
environment. With experts in civil and structural engineering,
survey, construction management, geotechnical and landscape
architecture, Lumos provides the unique opportunity for deeper
understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the engineering
Lumos highly collaborative approach to projects benefits not
only our clients, but our internal teams as they deepen their
understanding of all our services and comprehensive approach to
Founded in 1978, by Paul Lumos, Lumos & Associates has been
committed to our employees success and career growth, values a
team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
Lumos & Associates has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work
environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation, and a
complete package of benefits.
We are inspired problem solvers building a legacy of excellence
in our communities.
About The Position
The Survey Party Chief will be a vital member of the Surveying
Team and will oversee and lead all aspects of survey field work for
boundary, topography, and construction projects. The Survey Party
Chief will be responsible for directing others on the field crew.
This position is responsible for the coordination and management of
all field data.
- Oversee the safety of the survey field crew.
- Direct and assist survey crew in the performance of their
- Download and compile field data sketches; and check raw field
- Quality control of all field survey documents, including field
notes, sketches, plans, etc.
- Perform the necessary calculations to provide field checks on
- Operate all typical instrumentation used by a survey field crew
to include robotic total stations, electronic levels, GNSS
receivers, 3D scanners, UAVs and other equipment deemed
- Maintain company issued equipment within the industry standards
and tolerances of accuracy and precision.
- Ensure that survey crew conducts itself in a professional,
responsible manner at all times.
- Provide coordination with the project manager, utility
providers, local public agencies, and the general public.
- Perform work in a safe manner. Report any safety concerns to
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus three years related
experience OR an associate's degree in a related technical field
plus one year related experience is required.
- Experience should include two years as a Survey Technician or
- CST Level IV and/or LSIT preferred.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Proficiency using Trimble GNSS equipment, robotic total
stations, and other survey field equipment.
- Ability to operate an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), utilize a
3D scanner, and operate a remote bathymetric sounding boat.
- Strong math skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to give
training and work direction to others.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and engineering
- Ability to work hours necessary to complete work, this would
include working outside normal working hours and weekends.
Contact Teresa Tadlock, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Human Resources Manager
to apply today.
308 N. Curry Street, Suite 200
Carson City, NV 89703
225 Kingsbury Grade #A
P.O. Box 3570
Stateline, NV 89449
Keywords: Lumos & Associates, Reno , Survey Party Chief, Other , reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!