Case Specialist, Sr. Immigration (Bilingual Spanish
Company: The GEO Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Case Specialist, Sr. Immigration (Bilingual Spanish) in Reno, NV
at The GEO Group, Inc. Facility:--ISAP RENO, NV Compensation
Base:-- Compensation Bonus (if applicable):-- Equal Opportunity
Provides case management of Intensive Supervision Appearance
Program (ISAP) participants from entry to release by administering
the program's policies and procedures as defined by the Department
of Homeland Security (DHS) contract. This position is operating as
single incumbent at government site office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works independently to manage all aspects of case management
within the program requirements.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, reviews and updates case
management and service plans for ISAP participants in conformance
with state and federal regulations and program requirements.
- Meets with participants face-to-face regularly as required by
- Develops and maintains accurate and complete case records for
all ISAP participants from entry to release from ISAP. Proactively
manages cases using all appropriate tools and techniques. Maintains
confidentiality of all records.
- Manages program participant violations, including no-shows and
repeat violators. Prepares documentation to acquire Department of
Homeland (DHS) direction and action if disciplinary measures are
- Administers Security Plan for a specific office, including
daily operations, security contingencies, emergencies and
mitigation plans, security of Company and DHS employees, clients
and the general public. Performs daily security check of the office
area. Ensures that all participant records are kept in locked files
to maintain confidentiality. Prepares written reports for DHS as
- Reviews and approves program participants' service plans to
ensure compliance with state requirements and contractual
- Conducts intake interview and orientation session with each
ISAP participant within contractual timeframes and
- Installs electronic monitoring equipment on ISAP participants
as necessary and monitors compliance with electronic monitoring
- Evaluates English proficiency of ISAP participants to determine
resources necessary to promote clear communication between ISAP
staff and the participants.
- Coordinates and facilitates translation services for ISAP
participants, including emergency translation services.
- Provides ISAP participants with a list of community resources
including, but not limited to, transportation, medical,
educational, financial, legal, religious and other social
adjustment or facilitative resources. Identifies and coordinates
services as required.
- Supervises ISAP participants while in Company offices.
- Establishes schedules for ISAP participants that include, but
are not limited to, recreation, life skills, chores, counseling as
needed, group interaction, free time, religious services,
visitation, immigration Court appearances, and access to legal
- Reviews service plans, conducts risk/needs assessments and
writes progress reports on a regular basis in compliance with
- Reports on program violations in a timely manner using
established reporting parameters.
- Conducts home visits to verify ISAP participants' places of
residence in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Performs emergency counseling for ISAP participants as
- Conducts monthly audits of a specific office to ensure all
program operations comply with the Quality Control Plan and
contractual obligations. Prepares corrective action plans as
- Serves as the point of contact for DHS.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work,
Criminal Justice or related field required.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with
multi-cultural clients in an immigration-related program.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with
employees, community contacts, government officials and clients.
Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders, instructions and
materials. Ability to compose reports.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and even temperament. Ability to
maintain self-control in stressful situations, such as
interpersonal confrontations or emergencies.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public.
- Must have great organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal with multicultural contacts with
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations and
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to interpret electronic monitoring messages and daily
- Ability to develop and maintain case records by performing data
- Must have lived in the U.S. three (3) of the last five (5)
years (military and study abroad included).
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department. Working Conditions: Encountered
on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
- Typical office environment.
- Some local travel is required.
- May be required to be available after hours.
- Use of standard office equipment such as copier, computer,
keyboard, telephone and fax machine.
- Bending, stooping and use of hands and fingers to place
electronic monitoring equipment on program participants.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to install electronic
monitoring equipment and to perform data entry.
- Valid State Driver's License and the ability to safely operate
a motor vehicle in order to make home visits.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds to deliver and install
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, enter and exit a
car and climb stairs multiple times in one day in order to make
The GEO Group, Inc. utilizes The Work Number to provide automated
employment and income verification for our current and past
employees. PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES: please visit 'Social Services'
via the web at: www.theworknumber.com or call 1-800-660-3399.
E-Verify-- is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security Individuals with disabilities: If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access GEO's website as
a result of your disability please click here to request a
Keywords: The GEO Group, Reno , Case Specialist, Sr. Immigration (Bilingual Spanish, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!