Supervisor of IT
Company: Renown Health
Posted on: January 9, 2021
The Supervisor of IT, under general guidance from the Director or
Manager of IT, will oversee IT team efforts to ensure quality and
timely support is provided to users across all supported
applications and platforms. This position will act as a liaison
between the support team and business units. This position will
provide support and guidance to the IT team as needed, as well as
assist in enforcing work standards within the team, users, and
Nature and Scope
1. Works as a buffer between leadership, business units, and the
2. Optimizes the delivery of services at the enterprise level to
realize an integrated (business/technology/healthcare)
3. Demonstrates the level of alignment between strategic goals and
key technology decisions.
4. Enumerates, analyzes, catalogs, and suggests improvements to the
support service integration processes of the enterprise, as needed,
to support strategic and operational goals.
5. Evaluates and presents information that will facilitate
effective and timely decision-making through written and oral
communication that effectively summarizes findings with
6. Creates technical process models/flows that show technical
integration points between systems, platforms and solutions as
7. Understands, advocates, and supports the enterprise's
information technology strategies.
8. Participates in the recruitment and selection of certain
high-level technical staff, develops and oversees training programs
in tools and methodologies for development and infrastructure
teams, and leads or manages special project teams as assigned.
9. Demonstrated expertise in project management, systems analysis,
customer relations, and vendor contract negotiation and
10. Experience with developing strategic plans.
11. Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles
12. Knowledge and experience regarding the practical application of
security/risk concepts, standards, and regulations in the
13. Expertise around industry best practices in the various aspects
of IT, technology trends, enterprise operations knowledge, and the
ability to develop solutions to implement key business
14. Strong technology research skillset with proven ability present
technology alternatives based on scope-level business concepts.
15. This position works closely with executive leadership and
executive leadership from non-Renown entities.
This position does not provide patient care
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills
and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and
level of the job.
Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language,
including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor's degree
in Computer Science, Business, or related field. Experience in
related fields may be substituted for education on a two-for-one
Minimum five years Information Technology or Business Analysis
experience, preferably in a health care environment.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook,
PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer
to complete online learning requirements for job-specific
competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online
benefits enrollment, etc. Knowledge of MS Project
Keywords: Renown Health, Reno , Supervisor of IT, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!