Posted on: November 23, 2020
Available position requires the ability to work in a
team-oriented environment, in addition to working injury free and
following work place/plant safety practices and procedures..
Previous manufacturing experience preferred. Applicants must be
available to work rotating 12-hr shifts (including weekends and
holidays). Must be 18 years or older, high School education or GED
Pre-employment testing includes controlled substances, physical,
Wages are paid bi-weekly - 1st week is 36 hours, 2nd week will be
OT paid out after 40 each week. Shift Differential also
Because we believe in our workforce we offer training, growth
opportunities, and a comprehensive compensation package
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurances
- Paid Vacation prorated after 6 months/ Paid sick time after a
- 401(k) & Pension Plan
- Yearly Profit sharing
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Tuition Reimbursement
EXTRUSION OPERATOR JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe production
of extrusion profiles that meet or exceed VEKA Inc. standards in
quality and output levels in a timely manner. These standards
enable us to provide a quality product/service to ensure our
- Responsible for adhering to all Safety Policies &
- Operate assigned extruders to produce profiles that meet
established 3 tier quality standards.
- Responsible for the proper set-up and start-up of production in
an efficient manner.
- Responsible for making process adjustments as required to
established running and quality specifications.
- Responsible for the profile production during shift, ensuring
that it meets or exceeds VEKA West's established quality standards
such as 3 - tier standards.
- Responsible for proper packaging and correct quantities as
described in the stacking diagrams, whether the product is packaged
in a Rack, Half-Rack, Box, Bundles or some other means.
- Responsible for entering dimensional and attribute checks into
our internal BDE database throughout the shift at the required
intervals on time every time. This includes the use of calipers,
scales, tape measure and other tools.
- Responsible for properly preparing the QA samples on time every
- Responsible for the proper disposition of scrap profile in
designated racks (evenly stacked, properly segregated)
- Responsible for notifying the Lead Tech of the correct number
of scrap pcs that they made during the shift for each profile that
they worked on.
- Responsible for transferring a complete packaging unit of
material including the correct barcode and green tag labels.
- Responsible for verifying that the profile meets or exceeds the
- Responsible for properly informing the Plant Lead Technician of
any problems that may affect profile quality, safety or extruder
operation throughout the entire shift. If no Lead Tech, then inform
the Superintendent on duty.
- Responsible for properly documenting and displaying all
processing parameters and verifying that nothing has changed on all
production lines, such as Melt Pressure, Temperature, Actual Vent,
Barrel & Die zones, etc.
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping of the assigned lines
while on shift and assisting the Lead Tech and/or Superintendent
when asked throughout the shift for any part of the plant.
- Responsible for the return tooling & accessories to proper
location in good operational condition. All non- operational
equipment must be brought to the attention of the Lead Tech.
- Assist Material Handler in banding and sealing racks when
- Assist in the Quick Change process.
- All other duties as assigned by Plant Lead Tech, Superintendent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform all packer duties; use good judgment;
communicate accurately & effectively both by oral & written means;
courage to act; ability to work under pressure; drive & initiative;
be flexible; provide accurate information all the time; timeliness;
and demonstrate mechanical ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: GED or High School Education.
Works well as a member of a group
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the
success of a project or the organization Associated topics:
criteria, quality, quality assurance, quality check, quality
control, quality control/quality assurance, quality manager,
quality technician, requalification, test
Keywords: VEKA, Reno , Extrusion Operator, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!