We need a team player who is an excellent communicator who
thrives on solving problems. Great position in a unique environment
if you have the experience as a Product Engineer and product
design. The candidate should have a Bachelor of Science degree in
Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, related
discipline or equivalent experience. The Senior Product Engineer
owns the front line for remanufacturing production, investigating
root cause product failures and needed corrective action reporting.
The remanufacturing front line includes the needed design
development, testing, process implementation and engineering
support for the remanufacturing a range of products. The product
categories include consumer electronics, small and major kitchen
appliances, floor care products, robots, outdoor power equipment,
and hand held power tools.
The Senior Product Engineer will be familiar with every step of
the production process in order to guarantee that PRC satisfies
each and every client requirements. PRC’s reputation in the market
place must continue to be that it is a company that cares about its
clients, delivering superior quality, service and value. The
successful candidate will be required to identify opportunities for
improving the efficiency of existing process as well as design and
implement new manufacturing processes. Six Sigma plus Lean
certifications are an advantage. Provide support to ensure all
engineering requirements and purchases are included as part of the
request for quote (RFQ) process.
• Investigating root cause product failures and needed
corrective action, use Pareto analysis to identify the failure
• Design production lines, testing procedures, acceptance
standards and process for
the remanufacturing of a range of products.
• Determining technical testing requirements, and develop
procedures for operational use of the designed test equipment using
engineering best practices.
• Evaluate and create processes to achieve maximum efficiency
and recovery of remanufactured products.
• Performing estimating, ROI analysis, planning, and forecasting
• Utilizing suppliers to provide needed components and packaging
in a cost effective manner.
• Plan, coordinate and direct a quality control program designed
to ensure continuous production of products consistent with the
• Working closely with internal and external customers to ensure
delivered products meet customer needs.
• Through training and other appropriate means, continue to
upgrade the skills and
industry knowledge of all members of the quality team.
• Ability to analyze a wide array of products to evaluate
production quality and identify engineering issues.
• Create/enhance a system to continually monitor the quality of
daily production throughput to ensure that all quality standards
are met, and are consistent with pricing schedules.
• Capture, record and report pertinent quality related data both
internally and externally.
• Perform time and motion studies to determine proper processes
• Interact with operations on a daily basis to monitor
• Communicate effectively with employees, customers, suppliers
and executive management.
• Document production line and facility design.
• Represent the organization in key relationships with
• Required to identify, understand and implement quality
• Improve work flow and configuration control procedures.
• Responsible for implementing configuration control methods and
procedures that can be applied to new product development
initiatives and existing products.
• Promote an environment of proactive, corrective and preventive
actions to ensure quality is being designed into products.
• Responsible for total product quality (raw material testing,
in-process testing, finished product testing, customer complaint
resolution related to product quality and returned goods
• Develop and analyze statistical data and product
specifications to determine present standards and establish
proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished
• Work with suppliers to enhance quality of incoming parts and
issue dispositions for
• Quantify the cost of identified failure modes, and recommend
product improvements. Issue corrective action requests to OEM
suppliers, and validate engineering changes and new product
• Contribute to company overall strategies and goals,training
program, policies, &
• Responsible for the support and management of the established
standards (ISO, QS, etc.)
• Plan, promote and organize training activities related to
product quality and
• Perform other duties, which may be required to further support
and focus on the
future growth of the Company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work under stress and pressure of meeting
• Ability to write basic software a plus (e.g. SQL da
• Knowledge of CAD a plus.
• Solid knowledge of personal computers and software programs.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
• Demonstrate a wide variety of creativity and latitude.
• Flexible and able to work extended hours.
• Demonstrate high level of initiative.
• Able to function in a multitasked environment.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Electrical or
Mechanical Engineering, related discipline or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years in a similar position.
• Plant Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
•The dress code at PRC is Business Casual.
To maintain service levels for our customers, PRC utilizes
This information will be used to assist each employee’s
development and to verify the
employee’s ability to meet performance objectives. The criteria
that will be reviewed are as follows:
• Production versus forecast
• Operations profitability
• Operations reporting
• Quality of production
• Production through-put
• Timely submission of time spent on special projects and
This will be continually developed and/or revised.
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
We offer an environment of respect, compassion and we provide
competitive salaries and benefits.
We Empower People We foster a collaborative leadership style so
we develop people and provide feedback, collaborate and exchange
best practices, empower our teams and provide purpose and
To challenge the industry we are looking for entrepreneurial
minds who dare to act on opportunities and take risks, take
ownership and responsibility and embrace innovation.
Foster Diversity Living your full potential is only possible in
an environment of trust in which all act with integrity, honor
commitments and tell the truth, act transparently and foster
diversity and inclusiveness.
Workplace & culture We are a multidisciplinary and multicultural
team composed of engineers, logistics, technicians and production
personnel that bring together creativity and a passion to
create superb out-of-the-box experiences to our clients
About PRC Industries Industry Leader in Remanufacturing PRC
Industries is a complete third party end-to-end single source
solution for managing consumer returns.
Our process allows your business to focus on your core
competencies, while we concentrate on maximizing our clients market
value and recapturing lost profits from your product returns. It is
the ultimate form of product recycling. We have developed a set of
remanufacturing processes from screening each return for defects,
damage, cosmetics, functional testing, cleaning, and re-packaging.
For over two decades, PRC has been servicing world leading consumer
brands, manufacturers, retailers and ecommerce.
Nationwide Facility Footprint PRC is a nationwide company with
fully operational facilities across the U.S. & Canada offering 2
million sq. ft. for remanufacturing and supply chain services. PRC
analyzes customer data and recommends the facilities that are most
cost effective and customer convenient for your business that will
reduce freight cost, increase speed to market, and improve customer
State of the Art Technology PRC’s processes are supported by our
proprietary ERP application called TRACS 2.0™. Each item is
serialized upon receipt and tracked step-by-step along the supply
chain process. PRC maintains state of the art software solutions
that are the most cost effective in the industry. Maximize
Return to Market & Environmental Standards Leader PRC’s process is
designed to maximize the return of products to market. The entire
process is accomplished with the highest level of parts recovery
possible, resulting in superior returns for our customers and,
consequently, a reduction in recycled items, maintaining the
highest environmental standards in the industry. 3PL Logistics
Services & Call Center PRC provides a full range of 3PL services
both forward, reverse, kitting & assembly, returns management, and
completes e-commerce or regular fulfillment. These services are
supported by a dedicated call center with trained operators.
Engineering Support PRC’s team of engineers assists customers in
product failure and root cause analysis on either pre-launch or
after-market introduction and provides closed loop results
orientated feedback on product improvement. We apply lean
manufacturing principles and follow 5S and 6 Sigma protocols.