Experienced Cook - Heavenly - Full Time and Part Time- Winter Seasonal - Heavenly
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes
boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious
and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to
deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most
innovative companies--and re-imagine a mountain resort experience
with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.--------Heavenly
is currently looking for Experienced--Cooks who--will provide first
class service to all guests in our upbeat and fast-paced restaurant
environment. In addition to food preparation and cooking, duties
include stocking, maintaining and cleaning service area. Our formal
training and staging program provides the opportunity for
professional advancement. Candidates must have a proven track
record which demonstrates a strong work ethic and the ability to
function effectively as part of team. Must enjoy working directly
with our guests. Will be required to stand/walk for periods of up
to 8 hours. Must practice good personal hygiene and safe food
handling skills. Minimum of--two years of--culinary experience,
preferably in high volume outlet required, culinary degree a plus.
In addition, the following qualifications are sought:--Job
- Work off of a prep-list to ensure proper food preparation.
- Line/short order prep--and plating.
- Maintain proper food handling and sanitation through the
- Ensure proper facility shut-down including: stocking,
sanitizing, equipment cleaning and shut down and proper food
- Ability to speak, read and communicate English.
- Ability--to carry up to--50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 6-8 hours at a time.
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to ski/snowboard at an intermediate level is preferred
(required at some locations).
- Has a high school diploma or GED.
- Has or is able to obtain a California Food Handlers Card within
30 days of employment.
- Able to communicate in Spanish-preferred.--Advanced Cook
- All Requirements listed above
- Minimum 2--years previous cooking experience
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to assist with food orders
- Intermediate-level computer skills (Microsoft Office)--Work
Schedule:Must have a flexible work schedule, to include holidays
and weekends as needed. We are currently staffing for full time and
part time positions.----What's in it for you?
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development--If you want to
work for a different kind of ski resort, you've found your perfect
match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid
terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those
who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain
concerts to world-famous apr--s ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ
CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call.
Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly
unique ski experience. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or any other status protected by applicable
law.Requisition ID 178428
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Reno , Experienced Cook - Heavenly - Full Time and Part Time- Winter Seasonal - Heavenly, Other , Reno, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!